Re: [genpcncfir] Digest Number 1412

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20 1:38 PM
      Dear Mary, I would not be surprised to find myself
      related to your Dixon line. I was in school at
      Winterville Elementary with some Bass children. Good
      for you for your interest in your family history. It
      would be a dull world indeed if everyone were perfect.
      As my son said to me at the age of 5 when we were
      discussing Dynasty, "Mama, let's face it. Good people
      just aren't interesting. J.R. is interesting. It's
      easy to write a good story about interesting people
      like J.R., but it's hard to write about someone good
      like Jesus!" I could not help laughing at him, but at
      the same time I agreed: "Yes, Morgan, I know. John
      Milton said the same thing about Paradise Lost. Many
      readers criticized him because Satan, like J.R., was
      more interesting and came across as the real hero of
      the piece!" Take dear George Washington, for example.
      Most of us as children, I believe, enjoyed the story
      of the cherry tree, but it certainly is easier to
      relate to the young pre-Revolutionary George
      Washington, insecure younger son of a distinguished
      family seeking out his own niche in life. Later, Carol

      http://vote.yahoo.com