RE: [genpcncfir] Baker Families in Greene Co

    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 6, 2004
      I have a book at says that

      Jasper Baker, N. B. Baker, J.P. Baker, J. T. Baker,
      Newton Baker, Theo Baker were all descended from
      Bryant Baker. There were at least two Bryant Bakers.
      But I believe this list referred to the Bryant Baker
      present in the 1850 census for Greene Co. The list
      only included men alive in 1902. It was a voter list.
      It may have been only men who voted in 1902.

      =====

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 8, 2004
        http://www.wateroakfarms.com/genealogy/transcripts/CSA%20soldiers%20from%20Laurens%20County%20GA.txt

        HOBBS, WASHINGTON - CO. C, 57TH GA. INFANTRY, 2ND LT.
        Born 1836/7 in Georgia, son of John and Elizabeth
        Baker Hobbs. Appointed 5th Sergeant of Co. C, 2nd
        Reg., 1st Brigade, Ga. State Troops on Oct. 16, 1861.
        Elected Ensign of the company on Jan. 22, 1862.
        Mustered out of service in April, 1862. Elected 2nd
        Lt. of Co. C on May 8, 1862. Killed at Baker's Creek,
        Miss. on May 16, 1863. RCS 5 - 943, Mid 1800 People,
        p. 23.

        --- Jean <jowgen@...> wrote:

        > The connection with the Hobbs has me very interested
        > as an Elizabeth "Eliza"
        > Baker md a John L Hobbs in 1836 in Laurens Co, GA.
        > I have yet to find who
        > her father was. On the 1850 and 1860 census it
        > lists that she was born in
        > GA.
        >
        > Jean
        > jowgen@...
        > We all have ancestors buried in our past

        === message truncated ===

        =====