Re: [genpcncfir] Joshua Harrell

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
      Any Bakers with those Harrells?

      Paula
      --- eahsr16@... wrote:

      > I have only one Joshua Harrell right now....
      >
      > Descendants of Edward Harrell, Bertie Co., NC
      >
      > 1 Edward Harrell 1685 -
      > . +Margaret Brumwell
      > ........ 2 Henry Harrell
      > ............ +Rachel Wimberly
      > *2nd Wife of Edward Harrell:
      > . +Ann House
      > ........ 2 Henry Harrell 1710 -
      > ........ 2 Joshua Harrell 1712 -
      > ........ 2 Thomas Harrell 1714 -
      > ........ 2 Mary Harrell 1716 -
      >
      > There was a Jesse Harrell, near Macclesfield, North
      > Carolina, 1815-1898, son
      > of Elisha Harrell, but his sons were
      >
      > Descendants of Jesse Harrell
      >
      > 1 Jesse Harrell 1815 - 1898
      > . +Elizabeth Betsy Webb 1812 - 1867
      > ........ 2 Peter Harrell 1839 -
      > ........ 2 Elisha Harrell 1841 -
      > ........ 2 John Harrell 1844 -
      > ........ 2 David Harrell 1853 -
      > ........ 2 Mills Harrell - 1858
      > *2nd Wife of Jesse Harrell:
      > . +Edy (Edith) Webb 1840 - 1929
      > ........ 2 George Harrell 1872 - 1949
      > ........ 2 Alex Harrell 1874 - 1948
      > ........ 2 Clayton Harrell 1880 - 1962
      >
      > Faye Hays

      =====
      Paula Baker
      Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Louisiana and

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
        I have some info that is the work of Bill Murphrey. I
        hope I have his name right.

        James Baker b. 1744 m. by 1767 moved from Gates
        (Chowan) to Pitt after the REvolution had:

        Jesse Baker b. 1768 Gates County
        Benjamin Baker b. 1769 Gates county
        Asa Baker b. Gates County
        Daughter
        Daughter
        Daughter

        Asa Baker m. Vasti and they had a son Abram Baker b. 8
        Jan 1798 d. 10 Jul 1866 and other children, but this
        child Abram had the well know "Abram Baker Bible."
        There is an asterisk beside the bible note that reads:
        Abram Baker b. 1798 and d. 10 July m. Mary Taylor b.
        29 Mar 1821 and d. 1 Apr. 1870

        I have more info about this line...also work of Bill
        Murphrey.

        Absaly Baker b. 20 Jul 1809 and d. 30 Aug. 1885 Green
        m. cir 1840 Pitt Co Tunnell Murphey b. 8 Dec 1813
        Greene Co. Absaly Baker was the daughter of Jesse
        Baker b. 1768 Gates County m. ________________.

        Absaly Baker and Tunnell Murphey had

        a.Jesse Murphy
        b.Leo Dicy Murphy b. 21 Oct 1840 m. into the Carraway
        family
        c.Rachael Obediance Murphy b. 15 May 1849.

        I have more of this info...I have a chart that Mr.
        Bill did of the Baker family. I just can't put my
        bunch into the info yet...

        =====
        Paula Baker
        Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Louisiana and

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2004
          Which Carraway did Dicey marry? I have some sons of Mathew Carraway that
          just seem to have disappeared.
          Evelyn Hendricks
          > I have some info that is the work of Bill Murphrey. I
          > hope I have his name right.
          >
          > James Baker b. 1744 m. by 1767 moved from Gates
          > (Chowan) to Pitt after the REvolution had:
          >
          > Jesse Baker b. 1768 Gates County
          > Benjamin Baker b. 1769 Gates county
          > Asa Baker b. Gates County
          > Daughter
          > Daughter
          > Daughter
          >
          > Asa Baker m. Vasti and they had a son Abram Baker b. 8
          > Jan 1798 d. 10 Jul 1866 and other children, but this
          > child Abram had the well know "Abram Baker Bible."
          > There is an asterisk beside the bible note that reads:
          > Abram Baker b. 1798 and d. 10 July m. Mary Taylor b.
          > 29 Mar 1821 and d. 1 Apr. 1870
          >
          > I have more info about this line...also work of Bill
          > Murphrey.
          >
          > Absaly Baker b. 20 Jul 1809 and d. 30 Aug. 1885 Green
          > m. cir 1840 Pitt Co Tunnell Murphey b. 8 Dec 1813
          > Greene Co. Absaly Baker was the daughter of Jesse
          > Baker b. 1768 Gates County m. ________________.
          >
          > Absaly Baker and Tunnell Murphey had
          >
          > a.Jesse Murphy
          > b.Leo Dicy Murphy b. 21 Oct 1840 m. into the Carraway
          > family
          > c.Rachael Obediance Murphy b. 15 May 1849.
          >
          > I have more of this info...I have a chart that Mr.
          > Bill did of the Baker family. I just can't put my
          > bunch into the info yet...
          >

          > =====
          > Paula Baker
          > Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Louisiana and
          > Baker, Tyson, Manning, and Stocks in North Carolina

          > http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

          > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

        • ccliffb
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2004
            Hello Paula,
            As far as I know there isn't any Harrells. William R Baker was
            married to Mary Jane Gray. She was the daughter of James H Gray and
            Martha J Stocks of Chicod. It Is listed in the 1880 census as Chicoa.
            My aunt lead me to the small cemetry in which William and Mary where
            buried. It is located in chicod off of Lester Mills and Joe Stocks
            Rd. in a field. All the tomb stones had been knocked over by migrant
            workers. I went there with my aunt and fixed what tomb stones I
            could. A picture of the stone is in a folder under Williams name.
            As far as I know, William was a share cropper. Some time after
            Mary died (1919) he moved to Snow Hill and died in 1929. He had
            three sons and one daughter. Walter L(abt.1893), Heber C (1910),whom
            was my grand father, Henry(abt. 1915), and Reba(1905).

            Thanks, Cliff

            --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Paula Baker <paulabaker69@y...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2004
              I don't know, EH. I'll bet someone on this list does,
              though.

              =====

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2004
                Cliff,
                Please send me approx birth and death dates for
                William R. Baker. I remember my aunt saying that
                Heber Baker said our Bakers were related, but she said
                they were not. :) In 1920 I found a Boston Baker and
                a Dora Baker living in Utah. They were both born in
                NC. Those Bakers were from Bertie, I believe. Boston
                Baker was a son of Jeremiah Baker of Bertie. I'm
                getting my dates all mixed up. IT's me, not you.

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail