Howell Joyner

  • Edith Cox
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2004
      Lisa,
      I am looking for Howell Joyner, b. 1827. He is listed in 1850, 1860, 1870 as
      head of household. 1840 census will not give children's names in a
      household. I need his parents.
      What was his wife's (Susan Emily ? ) maiden name?
      Thanks!
      Edith

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2004
        Edith,

        I believe his wife's name was Susan E Phillips.
        I think their daughter Caroline, married Henry Sherrod Tyson, their
        son William T, married Adelaide Ballard, their daughter Elizabeth,
        married William H Morris, their son Alfred Moore, married Margaret
        Parker. I am not sure if it was their daughter Martha, who married
        Moses Robert Tyson, or if it was Martha, daughter of Henry and Alice
        Turnage Joyner.

        Who were Howell's parents? Was Howell who married a Moore, whose
        parents were Abram and Kezziah Hemby Joyner???

      • Larry Ruff
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
          Database: Edgecombe County, North Carolina Vital Records, 1720-1880

          August 31, 2004
          9:35 AM

          Name Birth Date Marriage Date Date of Death Spouse's Name Father
          Mother

          Phillips, Susan Bef 1840 Aug 3, 1852 Howell Joyner

          Source Information:
          Herrin, Cynthia, comp. Edgecombe County, North Carolina, Vital
          Records, 1720 - 1880. [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000-.
          Original data: Early Families of Edgecombe County, North Carolina, Its Past
          and Present. NC: The Tarboro Society for Genealogy and Biography, 1881 (with
          an appendix added in 1920). "Compiled by the Ladies' Tarboro, NC Genealogy
          and Library Association for the Preservation, Dissemination and Exultation
          of the History of Edgecombe Co., NC."