Re: New to the site

  • kenofcarolina
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2004
      Hi Marcia,
      I was looking at the pics I have of the cemetery. I'd be glad to send
      you a copy snail mail if you'd like. It's of the cemetery and
      Guilford and Arceneth's gravesite. I'f you'll give me your mailing
      addy I'll get them out to you.

      In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn
      <marcia_mclawhorn@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Ken,
      > Thank you for responding. I had hoped that you would not be angry.
      This email was much easier to read than the last two. Thank you.
      > Yes I do have that lady - I have her full name as Arceneth Ann
      McLawhon, but called Arcena. I have that she was born 25 May 1837,
      but I do not know if it was in Pitt or Lenoir county. I do not live
      in North Carolina but I was just discussing with one of the other
      researches when it would be best for us to visit NC Cemeteries. I was
      maintaining it is too hot in August. Two different times I was in NC
      and almost overcome by heat trying to find gravesites I knew were
      there but quite allusive.
      > Arcena was the daughter of Warren J McGlawhorn, Sr & Alice Baker.
      Her step-mother, Martha Alice Meeks was the mother of Warren's 13th
      child, Jacob (b:19 Oct 1870). A great-grandson of Jacob has a family
      in here in the subrubs of Chicago and a business in the town I live
      in. But we are not closely related.
      > There are at least three other McLawhorns with families living in
      this area. One a lawyer is the grandson of Alfred McLawhorn, Jr & Ada
      Gould Manning (b:25 Aug 1915). I have her buried in Winterville
      Cemetery. But I have never been there. The other twio I have yet to
      > I do have a quite lot of links, but as I said at first none in the
      direct line. Are you familiar with the Hanrahan Cemetery. If we came
      to NC could you show it to us?
      > I started researching the McLawhorn's in 1970.
      > Sincerely, Marcia
      > kenofcarolina <tinman@i...> wrote:
      > Hi Marcia,
      > Suprisingly enough I have a McLawhorn in my family. Arceneth
      > McLawhorn married Guilford Harris my gg-greatparents. Both are
      > at Hanrahan Cemetery...You prolly already knew that tho...There are
      > alot of McLawhorns in there.
      > Glad to hear from you,
      > Ken
      > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Marcia" <marcia_mclawhorn@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi Ken,
      > > I too wish to welcome you to the group. I've recently started
      > > researching my Edwards in Henderson, NC.
      > >
      > > On this site, I am researching my husband's McLawhorn name with
      > > many spellings in eastern NC (Pitt, Greene, Lenoir and Birtie). I
      > > checked my database and, as surprising as it seems to me, I do
      > > see any Manning or Harris in my direct line. Althought there are
      > > many marriages with parallel lines and I have oodles of them.
      > Oodles
      > > is a technical term.
      > >
      > > I hope you enjoy being in the group. Please, look at your
      > > and note how easy it is to read your first posting and how
      > difficult
      > > for the latter two. It helps the readers if you post above the
      > > previous person's message and to delete much of the extra stuff.
      > >
      > > Welcome again, Marcia McLawhorn
      > >

      > > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "kenofcarolina" <tinman@i...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Hi Friends,
      > > > I'm Ken and just joining the site. I'm interested in my
      > > > history. I've been working on it for Appx. 15 yrs. I'm
      > particularly
      > > > interested in the Mannings, Harris's, Stocks and Edwards. I
      > > much
      > > > info I've gathered thru the years and still looking. If anyone
      > can
      > > > help I'd appreciate it, just post on the group site and I'll
      > > back
      > > > to you.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > >
      > > > Ken
      > Pitt County Historical Society:
      > Submit your family for publication FREE in VOLUME II CHRONICALS
      earmarked for 2004/2005. Link here for detail instructions:
      > RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form, limited
      group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in
      Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.