Re: [genpcncfir] Question???

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28 11:01 PM
      Dear Deborah,

      I reread your posting and may not have answered your actual question. I checked the white pages and found that in North Carolina there was 32 listings for David and 27 listings for Jack Ball - That's not too many to call. But each name had over 200 occurances when the searc was not restricted to North Carolina.

      It is hard to believe that David may still be living, he would be 94 and a lot of WWII vets are passing away daily. So, I also researched an Obit index for both David and Jack Ball. Listed below is the Obits that I found.

      name - newspaper - published date
      David Calvin 'D.C.' Ball, Sr. - Charlotte Observer, The (NC) - March 25, 2001
      David Edward Ball - Indianapolis Star, The (IN) - Dec 3, 2001
      DAVID F. BALL, Rev. - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Dec 4, 1999
      David Hensley Ball - St. Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) - Jan 30&31, 2003
      David J Ball - Arizona Daily Star, The (Tucson, AZ) - Oct 11, 2003
      David Jay Ball - Salt Lake Tribune, The (UT) - July 15&16, 1999
      David Joseph Ball - Daily Press (Newport News, VA) - Jan 29-Feb 1, 2003
      David J(oseph) Ball - Virginian-Pilot, The (Norfolk, VA) - Jan 29, 2003
      David Lee Ball - Salt Lake Tribune, The (UT) - April 28, 1999
      David Leland Ball - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (PA) - May 20, 2004
      David M. Ball - Orange County Register, The (Santa Ana, CA) - July 8&16, 1998
      David Richard Ball - Reno Gazette-Journal (NV) - March 16, 2000
      DAVID S. BALL - State, The (Columbia, SC) - Aug 3, 1999
      David Walter Bal- Charlotte Observer, The (NC) - Nov 13, 1993

      Jack Ball, MD - St. Petersburg Times (FL) - May 9, 2002
      Jack C Ball - Tulsa World (OK) - July 30, 2002
      Jack Frederick Ball - Yakima Herald-Republic (WA) - July 19&20, 2003
      Jack Hollis Ball - Daily Oklahoman, The (Oklahoma City, OK) - March 25, 2003
      Jack L Ball - Austin American-Statesman (TX) - June 6, 1997
      Jack Raymond Ball - Yakima Herald-Republic (WA) - March 30, 2002
      Carl Jackson "Jack" Ball - Lexington Herald-Leader (KY) - Jan 4, 1998
      John E. (Jack) Ball - St. Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) - Sep 23, 1999
      JOSEPH WILLIAM (JACK) BALL - Roanoke Times, The (VA) - July 20, 2000

      Marcia

      deborahbarnes2002 <dbarnes@...> wrote:
      I know this group can answer this question for me. I am trying to
      find an ancestor for my husband. He was David Ball born to
      Shadrach Ball and Hattie Gibbs of Cash Corner, Pamlico Co, NC. I
      know he was born after 1900 cause that was the year my husband's
      Mother Emma Ball was born and he was after her. I know he married
      a woman who lived in this area her Father was a tennant farmer there
      last name was Alcock. They had a son named Jack Ball who I was told
      served in WWII, I have not been able to find anything on these
      people. So I am wondering where do I start at to try to tract them
      down?

      Thanks

      GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT