Re: [genpcncfir] McGowans

    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 22, 2004
      --- Jack Devitt <devittdesign@...> wrote:
      > Carol, Are you going to the Worthington reunion? My
      > aunt Lucille Diener (from Diener's bakery) daughter
      > of Lonnie McGowan and Eva Venetia Williams is going
      > and maybe able to answer some of your McGowan
      > questions. Lori

      Dear Lori, Yes, I am going with my sister. We will be
      leaving Richmond around 5a.m. I would really love to
      meet your aunt--the bakery was especially dear to me
      because that was where Mama bought all my birthday
      cakes. Every time I think of that bakery, I recall
      Mama's incredible thoughtfulness and herlove for me.
      Your aunt would be my first cousin--closer than that
      if my grandfather William McGowan was from her
      father's line instead of from that of W.K. (William
      Kinsey)McGowan or William George McGowan (son of
      Burton McGowan, my great grandfather and father of my
      grandmother Sarah Frances McGowan and my uncle William
      George McGowan--who if he is my grandfather William
      makes me really close to this McGowan line. I am
      Secretary of the Worthington Family Reunion and will
      be reading the Minutes during the Business Meeting.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 22, 2004