VACATION Mode * Please Read

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2004
      From: "Pat Landwehr"
      To: <genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:15 PM
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] PCFR 10th REUNION 15-16 October 03

      > That reunion sounds great! I have never been to North Carolina and I have
      > relatives in Greenville -- however, October is a long way away and I have
      > two aunties in their late 80's and early 90's. I'm the caregiver for one
      > and confident of the other -- one never can plan very far ahead in my
      > situation.. we'll see... I will have to unsubscribe for a couple of weeks
      > as I will be in Hawaii on vacation. Will check in when I return.
      > Best regards,
      > Pat Landwehr

      Hello Pat and Group....
      YahooGroups allows us to place our members on WebMode/NoMail when they will be away from their computers. RootsWeb eMail Lists require you to unsubscribe but we do not.

      Those of you who are planning vacations... or who will be away for ANY reason....... PLEASE notify me privately, give me your dates, and I will place you on WebMode/NoMail until your planned return.

      Unfortunately, as we speak, we have 253 who DID NOT advise me. Our messages began bouncing due to their 'over-loaded-mailboxes' and YahooGroups removed them from our membership list and placed them on our Bouncing List, in order to not make havoc with their mailing software. I, in turn, monitor our Bouncing List and eventually can reactivate members... but... tsk, tsk, it is an ongoing thing!
      We have new members joining all the time, and of course, a few unsubscribing...... however, it is difficult for it to show in our membership roles because of the flux of 'bouncing ones' who failed to notify me. Currently we show 547 members ... BUT ... if I had been informed about our Bouncing members being away, ......then our MemberShip would show approximately 800.

      Pat, and all... it is beautiful in October in North Carolina. Think positive!! plan to attend the PCFR Reunion... mark your calendars... then, if something unforeseen happens... at least, you will know you tried!! If possible, arrive a few days earlier so you can peruse the much acclaimed genealogical resources at Heritage Place, Lenoir Community College in Kinston.... only 30 miles from Greenville. The many small towns in Pitt County, within driving distance, offer other valuable resources.... not to mention the Kellenberger Room in New Bern (Craven Co) and, of course, our Archives in the State Capital, Raleigh .... a mere 75 miles + -!!

      Good health for your Aunts!! I can empathize with your situation. Hope you and your family have a safe, happy, memorable vacation in Hawaii!! Send me your dates privately so I can place you on WebMode/NoMail.
      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      jewellebaker@...
      252-523-2881
      Researching: (Main Capitalized)
      Worthington, plus ++++

    • Boyd Switzer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2004
        Jewelle: I receive your "yahoogroups.com" messages at my office computer
        OK. The home computer is completely out of commission. It went down this
        last week with a virus or worm despite the latest antivirus program &
        definitions.

        By the way, I have NOT been on vacation this summer and I don't when I
        will be able to take one.