Geo MORGAN WorkShop 10 July 04

    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2004
      Hello Group...
      Mark your Calendars for this genealogy workshop... I highly recommend it.
      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      jewellebaker@...
      Researching: (Main Capitalized)
      Worthington, plus ++++

      George G. Morgan Workshop in Asheville, NC

      The North Carolina Genealogical Society and co-host Old Buncombe County Genealogical Society are sponsoring a one-day summer workshop entitled "Sharpen Your Genealogy Skills", George G. Morgan as speaker. The workshop will be held Saturday, July 10, 2004, in Simpson Lecture Hall, Asheville-Buncombe Technical College, 340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC.

      Mr. Morgan will give four lectures:
      "Genealogy Orienteering: Using Maps to Find the RIGHT Place"
      "Bring 'Em Back to Life: Developing an Ancestor Profile"
      "Immigration and Naturalization Research"
      "Pursuing Your Genealogical Research on the Internet."

      George G. Morgan is President of Aha! Seminars, Inc. He has published a number of cover articles in the quarterly "Genealogical Computing." Morgan is a regular contributor to Ancestry Magazine and Southern Queries magazine. His popular weekly genealogy column, "Along Those Lines ", appears each Friday on the Ancestry.com web site and in the Ancestry Daily News.

      The workshop fee is $30 for North Carolina Genealogical Society members and $45 for non-members. Lunch, if desired, is an additional $9.75. There is an early bird discount of $5 for registrations received before July 1. Walk-ins will be welcome. However lunches and workshop packet may not be available. A packet with motel information and directions will be sent to registrants.

      For more information or to register, contact:
      NCGS Summer Workshop
      P.O. Box 22
      Greenville, NC 27835-0022

      Or visit the web site at http://www.ncgenealogy.org/ and click on Calendar on the left side of the page, then on Summer Workshop. The workshop flyer registration form is available as a link from the Summer Workshop page. North Carolina Genealogical Society membership information is also available on the above stated web site.

      For more information about Mr. Morgan, visit the web site at http://ahaseminars.com/atl/

    • Jean
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2004
        George Morgan is a very entertaining speaker.

        Jean
        jowgen@...
        We all have ancestors buried in our past