[genpcfr] NC / Samuel Hazzard

  • yngedtn1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 1999
      Hi, don't have much of a HAZZARD line, but am sending you what I have.
      Maybe you can find a connection in this brief family.
      I do know that Samuel Hazzard died 100 years ago on memorial day last
      year and I visited his grave on that 100th year day, in Elmwood Cemetery,
      Confederate Section in Raleigh, N. C.
      Here it is.
      Thanks, Fannie
      My g-g-grandfather, Samuel HAZZARD was born ca.1824, Craven Co. NC., d.
      5 Nov. 1898, Wake Co. NC.
      SAMUEL was in the Civil War, enlisting in 1861, discharged in 1865, died
      in Home For Disabled Confederate Soldiers, in Raleigh, NC.He was a cook.
      His parents are unk.
      SAMUEL married first HARRIET WHITE, b. ca. 1835, ?, NC. d. 30 Sep. 1880.
      Second marriage was to ELIZABETH "Betty" WARTERS, b. and d. unk. They
      married on 3 Nov. 1880. There is no mention of her at Samuel's death, so
      don't know if they were separated, divorced or she had died by then.
      Children of SAMUEL and HARRIETT are unknown except for:
      JAMES HAZZARD, b. 25 Sep. 1868, Craven Co. NC., d. 5 Nov. 1898, Wake Co.
      NC. married to NANCY GABRILLA "Nannie" BYRD, 12 Jan. 1894

      To find the future by exploring the past,
      BLOUNT*, BRONSON*, BYRD*, CASON*, FOREMAN*,
      HAZZARD*, JOHNS*, MARTIN*, MERRITT*, PHILLIPS*,
      RAY*, SOYSTER*, TILLMAN*, WHITE*, WHITEHURST*,
      WILKINS*, YOUNG*, and of course, my brick wall, TSIRKONIS*