Re: [genpcncfir] FTM problem solved! Mine is not-I'm discouraged/Evelyn

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2004
      Hanging up was my problem when I generated the genealogy report. Once I did
      the alt/control/delete to get out of it, it corrupted the family history file
      that I was working on. Or, at least, that's where I think it happened since it
      had been running fine before that. Once I opened the program again, it would
      not generate a genealogy report at all.

      Everything else in the program would still work. I had typed a bunch of names
      in the program that day and didn't want to lose them, so I tried making a new
      gedcom from the file. I deleted the old file and opened the new gedcom file.

      You have to save the new gedcom with a slightly changed name.

      From what happened to me and what happened to you, it appears that hanging up
      is a bug in the FTM programs.

      Faye Hays