Re: [genpcncfir] Genealogy programs

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2004
      I wholeheartedly agree. I was a Family Tree user and have switched to
      Legacy which I much prefer.

      Jean
      jowgen@...
      We all have ancestors buried in our past

      Message 2 of 7 , May 15, 2004
        Jean:

        I also use Family Tree Maker but have heard that Family Tree may be a better
        program. Do you know if Family Tree will convert FTM files automatically,
        or would it be necessary to retype the data using the Family Tree program?

        Charles

        Message 3 of 7 , May 16, 2004
          Charles,

          You save your FTM files as a GEDcom and Legacy accepts them with no extra
          typing. I especially like the search capabilities of Legacy. With all my
          Witheringtos/Worthingtons/Weatheringtons, etc I am able to compare birth
          dates or death dates, places of birth, marriage and a number of other
          variables to find matches.

          Jean
          jowgen@...
          We all have ancestors buried in our past

          > I also use Family Tree Maker but have heard that Family Tree may be a
          better
          > program. Do you know if Family Tree will convert FTM files automatically,
          > or would it be necessary to retype the data using the Family Tree program?
          >
          > Charles

          Service.