Re: [genpcncfir] Elizabeth Tison/Tyson - Poor House records

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 39 , May 11, 2004
      Dear Evelyn,
      Thank you. That is a good point.
      Marcia

      Evelyn Hendricks <rebh@...> wrote:
      Unless I have not correctly interpreted this information, you will not find
      a death certificate for this person since she must have died well before
      death certificates were required. Even after they were required there is a
      gap in some records for the first few years. Have you thought about church
      records?
      Evelyn
      PS My great-grandmother died in 1924 at age 93 and my grandmother died in
      1950. I have not been able to find a death certificate for either of them,
      although they were required at that time.

      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 22, 2004
        --- Jack Devitt <devittdesign@...> wrote:
        > Carol, Are you going to the Worthington reunion? My
        > aunt Lucille Diener (from Diener's bakery) daughter
        > of Lonnie McGowan and Eva Venetia Williams is going
        > and maybe able to answer some of your McGowan
        > questions. Lori

        Dear Lori, Yes, I am going with my sister. We will be
        leaving Richmond around 5a.m. I would really love to
        meet your aunt--the bakery was especially dear to me
        because that was where Mama bought all my birthday
        cakes. Every time I think of that bakery, I recall
        Mama's incredible thoughtfulness and herlove for me.
        Your aunt would be my first cousin--closer than that
        if my grandfather William McGowan was from her
        father's line instead of from that of W.K. (William
        Kinsey)McGowan or William George McGowan (son of
        Burton McGowan, my great grandfather and father of my
        grandmother Sarah Frances McGowan and my uncle William
        George McGowan--who if he is my grandfather William
        makes me really close to this McGowan line. I am
        Secretary of the Worthington Family Reunion and will
        be reading the Minutes during the Business Meeting.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail