Maplewood Cemetery

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2004
      Dear Carol,

      I finally found some of the things I got while I was in North Carolina last year. Specifically, I found the Lenoir county map.

      Queen Street is one of the main streets in town - also known as highways Business US 258 / US 70 and then turns into highway US 58. It is crossed by King Street, which is highways NC 55 and NC 11. The Court House is on the NE corner of King and Queen Streets. City Hall is on the southside of King Street - two blocks east of Queen Street

      ====
      Maplewood Cemetery is just off of Queen Street between King Street and Bypass US 70/258

      To circle Maplewood Cemetery by car in a clockwise direction - it is bound on the West side by Queen Street; turning east onto Shine Street, which borders the cemetery on the North side; turning right you are on Davis Street, which borders the east side of the cemetery; now turning right again onto Lincoln Street, you have cemetery on both sides - at the next street turn right the cemetery is only on the right, a little way down you must turn left (no choice) onto South Street the cemetery is only on the right and in a little bit you are back to Queen Street.

      The Cemetery on the left side of the car when you are on Lincoln Street, between Davis Street and Sasser Street may be named Georgia K Battle Ctr & Park.

      =====
      Also on the map, I found Southview Cemetery - just off of Old Asphalt Road, which runs between NC55 / NC 11 and US 258 south of Bypass US 70 US 258. Also on Old Asphalt Road is Lenoir County Home. I think I was told that Southview Cemetery is a black cemetery where some McLawhorns are burried.

      There are other cemeteries and potential cemeteries.
      Marcia