Re: [genpcncfir] Elizabeth Tison/Tyson

    Message 1 of 39 , May 10, 2004
      Dear Marcia, I know. That is another of our unsolved
      mysteries. Here's what I would do--or can do myself
      when I get a few spare hours. Since we know that
      Lurany's daughter Lezina Cherry married my great
      grandfather Guilford McGowan, we know that there is a
      marriage record for the couple. There must also be a
      death record for Lezina. She would have had to give
      the name of her parents on both. To me, these would be
      the most direct methods. If, in addition, we know
      where Lurany was buried, there is the off chance that
      either her maiden name or parents' names would be on
      the tombstone. What do you think? Is it worth a try?
      Later, Carol
      --- Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>

      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 22, 2004
        --- Jack Devitt <devittdesign@...> wrote:
        > Carol, Are you going to the Worthington reunion? My
        > aunt Lucille Diener (from Diener's bakery) daughter
        > of Lonnie McGowan and Eva Venetia Williams is going
        > and maybe able to answer some of your McGowan
        > questions. Lori

        Dear Lori, Yes, I am going with my sister. We will be
        leaving Richmond around 5a.m. I would really love to
        meet your aunt--the bakery was especially dear to me
        because that was where Mama bought all my birthday
        cakes. Every time I think of that bakery, I recall
        Mama's incredible thoughtfulness and herlove for me.
        Your aunt would be my first cousin--closer than that
        if my grandfather William McGowan was from her
        father's line instead of from that of W.K. (William
        Kinsey)McGowan or William George McGowan (son of
        Burton McGowan, my great grandfather and father of my
        grandmother Sarah Frances McGowan and my uncle William
        George McGowan--who if he is my grandfather William
        makes me really close to this McGowan line. I am
        Secretary of the Worthington Family Reunion and will
        be reading the Minutes during the Business Meeting.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail