Re: [genpcncfir] Elizabeth Tison/Tyson

    Message 1 of 39 , May 6 12:09 PM
      You are right about everything you say. I'd have to
      check on the marriage records for Elizabeth Tyson and
      recheck the children of William and Laney Cherry.
      Carol
      --- Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ymOolB/TM

      > > > ~->
      > > >
      > > > Pitt County Historical Society:
      > > > http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/
      > > >
      > > > Submit your family for publication FREE in
      > VOLUME
      > > II CHRONICALS
      > > > earmarked for 2004/2005. Link here for detail
      > > instructions:

      > > > RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order
      > Form,
      > > limited supply:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/
      > > > Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm
      > > >
      > > > Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical
      > > Resources:
      > > > http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/
      > > >
      > > > We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you
      > > join our dynamic
      > > > group if you are interested in genealogy
      > > discussion and research in
      > > > Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina
      > > counties.
      > > > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In
      > > > Research

      === message truncated ===

      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 22, 2004
        --- Jack Devitt <devittdesign@...> wrote:
        > Carol, Are you going to the Worthington reunion? My
        > aunt Lucille Diener (from Diener's bakery) daughter
        > of Lonnie McGowan and Eva Venetia Williams is going
        > and maybe able to answer some of your McGowan
        > questions. Lori

        Dear Lori, Yes, I am going with my sister. We will be
        leaving Richmond around 5a.m. I would really love to
        meet your aunt--the bakery was especially dear to me
        because that was where Mama bought all my birthday
        cakes. Every time I think of that bakery, I recall
        Mama's incredible thoughtfulness and herlove for me.
        Your aunt would be my first cousin--closer than that
        if my grandfather William McGowan was from her
        father's line instead of from that of W.K. (William
        Kinsey)McGowan or William George McGowan (son of
        Burton McGowan, my great grandfather and father of my
        grandmother Sarah Frances McGowan and my uncle William
        George McGowan--who if he is my grandfather William
        makes me really close to this McGowan line. I am
        Secretary of the Worthington Family Reunion and will
        be reading the Minutes during the Business Meeting.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail