Re: [genpcncfir] Elizabeth Tison/Tyson

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 39 , May 6, 2004
      Carol & Jean,

      If Elizabeth were sister to Lizinia Cherry, wife of Guilford McGowan, then she would have been a daughter of Laney. Laney's, widow of William Cherry, children are named in this
      record.

      Laney Cherry of Pitt Co, widow of Wm Cherry, Dec'd;1843. Sons Samuel, Daniel, Darlin and James P Cherry, dec'd. Daughters; Peggy Ann md Franklin McGowan, Reseny(Lezina) md Guilford McGowan, Patience md Isaac Jordon and Julia md Thomas Williams.Grandson Wm j or I Cherry, son of James P Cherry, Dec'd (KK, p223)

      I had the impression that Elizabet Tyson/Tison never married. Am I wrong?
      Marcia

      Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...> wrote:
      Jean, Do you reckon that Elizabeth Tyson may have been
      Lizinia's sister? Could someone go at it from that
      angle, checking her household of origin and marriage
      records for her? Guilford,Franklin, and Burton McGowan
      had only the one sister--Louisa McGowan. Just some
      thoughts on the subject. My mother's maternalline was
      McGowan from Lemuel McGowan, brother of George,
      Archibald, and William D. McGowan. From the paternal
      line (as with Trish) I descend from Sarah Frances
      McGowan (a cousin of my grandmother Jacky Ann McGowan
      and daughter of Lemuel McGowan, Sr. noted above) the
      only daughter of Burton McGowan and Alfred Worthington
      whose son Alfred Worthington (1871) was my maternal
      grandfather. Burton McGowan was married to Arcena
      Moye; Franklin McGowan to Peggy Cherry; and Guilford
      to Peggy's sister Lazina (or variant spellings)Cherry.
      Later, Carol

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ymOolB/TM

      > > ~->
      > >
      > > Pitt County Historical Society:
      > >
      > > Submit your family for publication FREE in VOLUME
      > II CHRONICALS
      > > earmarked for 2004/2005. Link here for detail
      > instructions:

      > > RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form,
      > limited supply:

      > > Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

      > Resources:

      > join our dynamic
      > > group if you are interested in genealogy
      > discussion and research in
      > > Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina
      > counties.
      > > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In
      > > Research

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > Submit your family for publication FREE in VOLUME II
      > CHRONICALS earmarked

      > RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form,
      > limited supply:

      > join our dynamic group if
      > you are interested in genealogy discussion and
      > research in Pitt and all
      > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In
      > Research

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > Submit your family for publication FREE in VOLUME II
      > CHRONICALS earmarked for 2004/2005. Link here for
      > detail instructions:

      === message truncated ===

      http://photos.yahoo.com/

      GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 22, 2004
        --- Jack Devitt <devittdesign@...> wrote:
        > Carol, Are you going to the Worthington reunion? My
        > aunt Lucille Diener (from Diener's bakery) daughter
        > of Lonnie McGowan and Eva Venetia Williams is going
        > and maybe able to answer some of your McGowan
        > questions. Lori

        Dear Lori, Yes, I am going with my sister. We will be
        leaving Richmond around 5a.m. I would really love to
        meet your aunt--the bakery was especially dear to me
        because that was where Mama bought all my birthday
        cakes. Every time I think of that bakery, I recall
        Mama's incredible thoughtfulness and herlove for me.
        Your aunt would be my first cousin--closer than that
        if my grandfather William McGowan was from her
        father's line instead of from that of W.K. (William
        Kinsey)McGowan or William George McGowan (son of
        Burton McGowan, my great grandfather and father of my
        grandmother Sarah Frances McGowan and my uncle William
        George McGowan--who if he is my grandfather William
        makes me really close to this McGowan line. I am
        Secretary of the Worthington Family Reunion and will
        be reading the Minutes during the Business Meeting.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail