Re: [genpcncfir] Carney Info

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6 6:50 AM
      Edith,
      That is true enough. I was thinking that the spaces between Nina's children could possibly have occurred because of military deployment. Not only were marines sent to wars (WWII, Korea and VietNam), but to out-of-country stations (ie Okinawa and Guantanamo, Cuba).

      Both my father and my husband's father were lifers and both only married once, yet both families have a few children spread over 18 years.

      Since no date was given, I did not know when in the 270 years of Onslow county's existance that Nina was referencing. I was theorizing that if no date were given it could be very recent history.
      Marcia

      Edith Cox <edieanne@...> wrote:
      FYI:
      The Camp Lejeune Marine Corps base was not in existence until its inception
      in 1941.
      Edith