Re: [genpcncfir] mcgowans / May Museum

  • squizzie
    Message 1 of 41 , May 5, 2004
      Lori,

      I would love to have a copy also.

      Thank you for your kindness.

      Marilyn

    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 15, 2006
        John,
        My short answer is no.

        I believe that your Charles James O'HAGAN was born in
        Co. Londonderry, Ireland to Martha O'KANE [d: 1853]
        and John Patrick O'HAGAN [d: bef 1850]. There were at
        least eight children.

        He became a physician and then immigrated to the USA,
        but I haven't researched when or how. In 1846, he
        marries Ann Elizabeth Courtney 'Eliza' Forrest, a Pitt
        county girl. The 1850 NC Census indicates he is the
        father of a 2 yo and his two younger sisters live with
        him. His younger brother, John is also in Pitt county
        before 1875.

        Many Hagans (all spellings) immigrated to the USA,
        many from Ireland.
        Johan HAGEN entire family from Romskog, Norway by 1921
        Thomas HAGAN maybe from Tyrone (Munster), Ireland
        married in Maryland in 09 Jun 1670

        Ann and my Dempsey Hagens evidently married 12 Oct
        1835 Edgecombe County. I don't know yet if he was born
        here or immigrated. There is a possibility he
        descended from Thomas HAGAN.

        Marcia