RE: [genpcncfir] One World Tree

  • Kimberly Powell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      Kathy,

      Don't worry. There is a lot of misinformation flying around out there
      and it's even been posted to the Association of Professional
      Genealogists list, so you're not alone.

      I looked into some of the common misconceptions and posted the answers
      on my site (including how to remove your trees) if anyone is interested
      (feel free to share this URL with other lists if you feel it would be
      helpful):
      http://genealogy.about.com/b/a/083367.htm

      Basically, the new service is a search service only. The trees will
      remain freely available to all. Also, Ancestry World Tree and RootsWeb
      World Connect are actually one integrated database. Right now, only
      submissions to Ancestry World Tree are being included in OneWorldTree,
      but that could change. Ancestry has the right to also include the
      WorldConnect trees if they wish, and I expect they will someday.

      Kimberly

      Kimberly Powell
      About Genealogy
      http://genealogy.about.com