Re: [genpcncfir] OT: Indian

  • Lou-BB
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 23, 2004
      Me too Faye.
      Lou-BB@...

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "ann butler" <abutler@...>
      To: <genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 11:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] OT: Indian

      > Faye,
      >
      > Will you send me an email and tell about the facial hair?
      >
      > abutler@...

      earmarked for 2004/2005. Link here for detail instructions:

      group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and
      all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.
      > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

      Service.

    • NulaT@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 23, 2004
        Faye,

        Please add me to your list of interested readers.

        Nula Tingleff

      • Bobby Atkinson
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 25, 2004
          Please add me to your list of interested readers. And Thanks

          batkinson@...

          Bobby Atkinson

        • ann butler
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 25, 2004
            Fay12601, One Question?.... Cain?

          • cblueeyestoo@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 26, 2004
              I'd like to kow more about this book too. Thank you

              cblueeyestoo@...
            • Charles Baldree
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 26, 2004
                I would also like the Indian information.

                Charles Baldree

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 26, 2004
                  Dear Marcia, Quite a few of the men in my family have
                  little facial hair, and few of the women ever have to
                  worry about electrolysis. Some of us have Addison's
                  Disease. People with this disorder have sparse facial
                  and body hair, below normal metabolism, low to no
                  thyroid function (depending upon how long the
                  condition has existed), low cortisol levels,
                  hypoglycemia, and low serum sodium levels. Without
                  treatment, the patients die--lapse into a coma and
                  never wake up. The disorder is genetic. As with any
                  one characteristic, like facial hair, there are
                  multiple causes. Therefore, the more additional
                  information a person has about someone exhibiting a
                  particular characteristic, the more likely he'd be
                  able to narrow down the cause or causes. Take, for
                  example, postpartum hemorrhage. Women who have
                  suffered postpartum hemorrhage sometimes end up with
                  hypopituarism and with many of the same symptoms as
                  someone with Addison's Disease. People with systemic
                  lupus or sarcoidosis or a chronic respiratory disease
                  may develop steroid induced hypopituitarism or
                  Addison's Disease. These later generally have been
                  treated long term with steroids (cortisone) that
                  suppress adrenal function. As a result, they end up
                  steroid dependent. These persons, too, would exhibit
                  the characteristics of Addison's. Young male teens may
                  exhibit sparse facial hair because of low
                  testosterone; treatment would depend upon the cause.
                  Others develop the symptom because of a pituitary
                  tumor. No doubt there are other causes that I have not
                  mentioned--such as a trait peculiar to a particular
                  racial group like the American Indian and probably of
                  some other racial groups as well. Finally, what would
                  be considered "sparse" by one person might be
                  considered "average" by another depending upon his
                  experience and his frame of reference (the peoples he
                  was comparing). Later, Carol
                  --- Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>

                  http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 26, 2004
                    Dear Faye, Me too. I am interested in learning about
                    anything that I do not know already. What your
                    information suggests is that many so-called
                    "unrelated" subjects can shed light on geneology.
                    Sometimes, the only common thread we have is a single
                    physical trait. Further research often uncovers
                    others. However, without that starting point, a
                    researcher could overlook some valuable links. After
                    all, what is geneology except the piecing together of
                    information about the past from many different
                    sources? Later, Carol

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 26, 2004
                      I too would like to know more about this. Amy Hunt