Re: [genpcncfir] Wake Forest, NC Cemetary

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6 3:11 PM
      Dear Rhet: Ditto for Richmond. The bare branches of
      many of our trees still point skyward, dark and bony
      as witches' fingers casting spells. Frost and freeze
      warnings abound. The ground frozen as hard as marble
      rings like iron underfoot. Our famous Richmond wind
      whipping through the streets rips storm doors from
      their hinges and snaps limbs off lifeless trees. These
      fly through the air, unguided missiles bent on
      destruction. The full moon surrounded by blue-black,
      fast-moving clouds presides over the Walpurgis Nacht
      havoc below. These are nights for sitting before a
      roaring fire drinking hot cider and enjoying the
      company of a sleeping cat and dog curled up on the rug
      dreaming of spring. If this is not winter, then I
      don't know what is. Any Canadian or Alaskan, for that
      matter, would feel perfectly at home here--cemetery or
      no cemetery, Wake Forest or simply a wake! Later,
      Carol