Re: [genpcncfir] ANTI VIRUS PROGRAMS - THANKS TO EVERYONE

  • squizzie
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
      Thanks to everyone who answered my e-mail. I see that I will be quite
      busy checking out all of these programs. I do like the Trojan Remover
      that my son put on the computer, it removes all of the pesty little
      trojans that are popping up. I have Norton Antivirus, but will check
      all of the new things out there and hopefully this will take care of my
      poor computer.

      Thanks again,

      Marilyn

    • squizzie
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
        Rhet,

        What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
        driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

        Marilyn

      • Charlynn Helms
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
          Marilyn - MUTE the volume until you find out how to control the audio
          component of Outpost.

          Start > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio devices > Adjust volume
          Rhet,

          What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
          driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

          Marilyn

          ---
        • Rhet Wilkinson
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2004
            The program blocks the pinging. (Outside people trying to tie into my computer.) What I stopped was the little screen popping up every time to tell me that the program had blocked the ping. That was what was so annoying. I will have to check with my son - in - law to find out what I did. He talked me through it on the telephone. Now the pinging is blocked, they just don't let me know when they are doing it. Rhet
            What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
            driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

            Marilyn

            GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In