Re: [genpcncfir] ANTI VIRUS PROGRAMS - THANKS TO EVERYONE

  • squizzie
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
      Thanks to everyone who answered my e-mail. I see that I will be quite
      busy checking out all of these programs. I do like the Trojan Remover
      that my son put on the computer, it removes all of the pesty little
      trojans that are popping up. I have Norton Antivirus, but will check
      all of the new things out there and hopefully this will take care of my
      poor computer.

      Thanks again,

      Marilyn

    • Rhet Wilkinson
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
        I have ZoneAlarm on one of my computers and it really bothered me when it
        kept telling me someone was - I believe the term is pinging - my computer.
        My son - in - law showed me how to keep it from telling me each time it did
        it and I have been happy with that. Rhet
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
          Rhet,

          What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
          driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

          Marilyn

        • Charlynn Helms
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
            Marilyn - MUTE the volume until you find out how to control the audio
            component of Outpost.

            Start > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio devices > Adjust volume
            Rhet,

            What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
            driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

            Marilyn

            ---
          • Rhet Wilkinson