Re: [genpcncfir] ANTI VIRUS PROGRAMS

  • Susan Stewart
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
      Same for me! McAfee, however, notifies me if or when new viruses or suspected to arrive. This is helpful as it gives me warning of what to expect. I signed up for this notification from McAfee's website. I can update my scan program at any time and receive this service at no cost.

      Susan (Smith) Stewart
      smith rowe cannon jarrell laughinghouse hudson hardee haddock whitehurst adams evans banks etc

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
        Thanks to everyone who answered my e-mail. I see that I will be quite
        busy checking out all of these programs. I do like the Trojan Remover
        that my son put on the computer, it removes all of the pesty little
        trojans that are popping up. I have Norton Antivirus, but will check
        all of the new things out there and hopefully this will take care of my
        poor computer.

        Thanks again,

        Marilyn

      • Rhet Wilkinson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
          I have ZoneAlarm on one of my computers and it really bothered me when it
          kept telling me someone was - I believe the term is pinging - my computer.
          My son - in - law showed me how to keep it from telling me each time it did
          it and I have been happy with that. Rhet
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
            Rhet,

            What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
            driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

            Marilyn

          • Charlynn Helms
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
              Marilyn - MUTE the volume until you find out how to control the audio
              component of Outpost.

              Start > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio devices > Adjust volume
              Rhet,

              What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
              driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

              Marilyn

              ---
            • Rhet Wilkinson