Interesting information-Andrews/SC

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      In my search for Bass information to fill out the line, I came across this
      website that caught my attention. Some of the Bass men went to SC and lived
      there. One of them, Jeremiah Bass, was in the direct line that I am researching.

      The following information relates to an Andrews surname, so it is not to be
      confused with the Bass line yet, but since it is history about the area, I am
      interested in it. Can anyone add anything to this history of the area?

      ." As a result of his unyielding allegiance to King George, he was forced off
      his land in 1781 and went to Charleston, South Carolina where the British had
      set up an evacuation station for loyalist. The newly formed North Carolina
      legislature would later pass a law, which allowed the confiscation of all of the
      land and holdings of Samuel Andrews. During his brief stay in Charleston,
      Samuel apparently helped the British run supplies up the Little Pee Dee River to
      the red coats who were engaging the forces of the "Swamp Fox", Francis Marion.
      Samuel eventually evacuated to Spanish Florida, and later to Yarmouth County,
      Nova Scotia. Landed there on one of the ships the British used for
      transporting Loyalists. "

      Faye Hays