Re: [genpcncfir] ANTI VIRUS PROGRAMS

  • Pat Landwehr
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
      I, too, have been bombarded with emails with viruses attached -- some of
      which appear to be returned mail from my email address. I use Norton
      Internet Security -- so far none of the viruses have infected my computer.
      It's very frustrating to have to delete half my messages. Pat
    • Susan Stewart
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
        Same for me! McAfee, however, notifies me if or when new viruses or suspected to arrive. This is helpful as it gives me warning of what to expect. I signed up for this notification from McAfee's website. I can update my scan program at any time and receive this service at no cost.

        Susan (Smith) Stewart
        smith rowe cannon jarrell laughinghouse hudson hardee haddock whitehurst adams evans banks etc

        > I, too, have been bombarded with emails with viruses attached -- some of
        > which appear to be returned mail from my email address. I use Norton
        > Internet Security -- so far none of the viruses have infected my computer.
        > It's very frustrating to have to delete half my messages. Pat
        >

        > Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/
        >
        > Submit your family for publication FREE in VOLUME II CHRONICALS earmarked for 2004/2005. Link here for detail instructions:
        >
        > RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form, limited supply: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm
        >
        > Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/
        >
        > We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.
        > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

      • squizzie
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
          Thanks to everyone who answered my e-mail. I see that I will be quite
          busy checking out all of these programs. I do like the Trojan Remover
          that my son put on the computer, it removes all of the pesty little
          trojans that are popping up. I have Norton Antivirus, but will check
          all of the new things out there and hopefully this will take care of my
          poor computer.

          Thanks again,

          Marilyn

        • Rhet Wilkinson
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
            I have ZoneAlarm on one of my computers and it really bothered me when it
            kept telling me someone was - I believe the term is pinging - my computer.
            My son - in - law showed me how to keep it from telling me each time it did
            it and I have been happy with that. Rhet
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
              Rhet,

              What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
              driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

              Marilyn

            • Charlynn Helms
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
                Marilyn - MUTE the volume until you find out how to control the audio
                component of Outpost.

                Start > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio devices > Adjust volume
                Rhet,

                What did you do to stop the pinging? We just installed Outpost and it's
                driving me crazy. My son hasn't had time to fix it yet.

                Marilyn

                ---
              • Rhet Wilkinson