Gil Harris - AntiSpam Alert email

  • lcvarner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      I received the same email as Trish, I believe. This is what the body
      of the email said and there was an attachment, but for obvious
      reasons I have not included it here.

      Everyone on this site probably has or will get this email. I have no
      reason to believe that it is actually from Gil, but I wanted to show
      everyone what to look out for.

      If you do get it, just delete it from your email and empty the trash.

      Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:35:17 -0500 (EST)
      From: <gil@...>
      [ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
      To: <gil@...>
      Subject: AntiSpam Alert from Gil Harris

      This message contains blocked images. [ Show Images | Edit
      Preferences ]

      Hi, this is Gil Harris. Your recent email has been delivered to my
      computer, but because you're not yet in my trusted senders list, it
      hasn't been placed in my inbox. To get added to my trusted senders
      list, please reply to this message with my AntiSpam passcode.

      Here's all you have to do:

      1. Press Reply
      2. In the body of the reply, type in my AntiSpam Passcode:

      3. Press Send.

      When I receive this reply, I will know that it was really you that
      sent me the email and not a computerized spammer. I will then be able
      to read all your mail. This authentication will be done only once.

      Thank you & have a great day,
      Gil Harris