[genpcfr] jones, briely, prescott

  • Linda Harris
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 1999
      I am sending some more in on some pitt/martin co families, please let me
      know if you connect and if you find errors. I am certain that there are
      errors as well as much info that can be added.

      Descendants of William JONES - 27 Mar 1999
      ---

      FIRST GENERATION

      1. William JONES signed a will on 28 Apr 1740 in Beaufort Co., NC. He died
      before 11 Sep 1742 in N.C.. He was born in N.C..

      Margaret was born in N.C.. William JONES and Margaret had the following
      children:

      +2 i. Ann JONES.
      +3 ii. Elizabeth JONES.
      +4 iii. Jane JONES.
      +5 iv. Hannah JONES.
      +6 v. Ruth JONES.
      7 vi. William JONES was born in Beaufort Co., N.C..
      +8 vii. JONES.

      SECOND GENERATION

      2. Ann JONES died before 21 Sep 1772 in Beaufort Co., N.C.. She was born
      in Beaufort Co., N.C..

      She was married to John PRESCOTT (son of John PRESCOTT) before 1745. John
      PRESCOTT signed a will on 21 Sep 1772 in Beaufort Co., N.C.. He died about
      1777 in Beaufort Co., N.C.. He was born in Currituck Co., N.C.. Ann JONES
      and John PRESCOTT had the following children:

      +9 i. John PRESCOTT JR.
      10 ii. Aaron PRESCOTT was born in Pitt Co., N.C..
      +11 iii. Benjamin PRESCOTT.
      +12 iv. William PRESCOTT.
      +13 v. Simon PRESCOTT.
      +14 vi. Ann PRESCOTT.
      +15 vii. Esbell PRESCOTT.
      16 viii. Hannah PRESCOTT was born in Pitt Co., N.C..

      3. Elizabeth JONES died after 1745. She was born in N.C..

      She was married to Timothy HARRIS. Timothy HARRIS was born in N.C..

      4. Jane JONES died after 1745. She was born in N.C..

      She was married to Robert DUNBAR. Robert DUNBAR was born in N.C..

      5. Hannah JONES died after 1745. She was born in N.C..

      She was married to Solomon ROBISON. Solomon ROBISON was born in N.C..
      Hannah JONES and Solomon ROBISON had the following children:

      17 i. William ROBISON was born in N.C..

      6. Ruth JONES died after 1745. She was born in N.C..

      She was married to William BRILEY Sr (son of John BRILEY and Rebecca) before
      1746 in Beaufort Co., NC. William BRILEY Sr was born on 9 Sep 1721 in
      Bristol Parish, VA. He was baptized on 22 Oct 1721 in Bristol Parish, VA.
      He died in Beaufort Co., NC. Ruth JONES and William BRILEY Sr had the
      following children:

      +18 i. Solomon BRILEY.
      +19 ii. Joseph BRILEY SR.
      20 iii. Richard BRILEY was born between 1740 and 1750 in Beaufort Co., NC.
      +21 iv. William BRILEY.

      8. JONES was born in N Carolina.

      She was married to QUINN. JONES and QUINN had the following children:

      22 i. William QUINN was born in N Carolina.

      THIRD GENERATION

      9. John PRESCOTT JR died about 1778. He was born in Pitt Co., N.C..

      He was married to Amy BRINSON (daughter of Cason BRINSON and frances MARSH)
      before 1773. Amy BRINSON was born in 1732 in N.C.. John PRESCOTT JR and
      Amy BRINSON had the following children:

      +23 i. Matthew PRESCOTT.
      24 ii. Mary PRESCOTT was born between 1757 and 1778 in Beaufort Co., N.C..
      25 iii. Sarah PRESCOTT was born between 1757 and 1778 in Beaufort Co.,
      N.C..
      +26 iv. Marthy PRESCOTT.
      27 v. Hannah PRESCOTT was born between 1757 and 1778 in Beaufort Co., N.C..
      28 vi. Isbel PRESCOTT was born between 1757 and 1778 in Beaufort Co., N.C..
      29 vii. Susan PRESCOTT was born between 1757 and 1778 in Beaufort Co.,
      N.C..

      11. Benjamin PRESCOTT died about 1773 in Craven Co., N.C.. He was born in
      Pitt Co., N.C..

      Sarah was born in N.C..

      12. William PRESCOTT was born in Pitt Co., N.C.. He died in Onslow Co.,
      N.C..

      He was married to Elizabeth before 2 Sep 1752. Elizabeth was born in N.C..
      William PRESCOTT and Elizabeth had the following children:

      +30 i. Simon PRESCOTT.

      13. Simon PRESCOTT died before 1786 in Beaufort Co., N.C.. He was born in
      Beaufort Co., N.C..

      He was married to Susannah CRISP (daughter of William Mancil CRISP).
      Susannah CRISP was born on 16 Jul 1755 in Edgecombe Co., N.C.. She died
      after 1784. She was born. Simon PRESCOTT and Susannah CRISP had the
      following children:

      +31 i. Sally PRESCOTT.
      +32 ii. Nancy PRESCOTT.

      14. Ann PRESCOTT was born in Pitt Co., N.C..

      MCINTOSH was born in N.C..

      15. Esbell PRESCOTT was born in Pitt Co., N.C..

      WILLIAMS was born in N.C..

      18. Solomon BRILEY was born about 1740 in N.C.. He was born about 1740 in
      N Carolina. He died before 1795. He died about 1800 in N Carolina.

      He was married to Martha CASON. Martha CASON was born in N.C.. She was
      born in N Carolina. Solomon BRILEY and Martha CASON had the following
      children:

      +33 i. Unicey BRILEY.
      34 ii. John BRILEY was born about 1765 in N Carolina.
      +35 iii. Lydia BRILEY.

      He was married to Rachel BARBER (daughter of John BARBER and Manoah) on 25
      Oct 1792 in N Carolina. Rachel BARBER was born in N Carolina. Solomon
      BRILEY and Rachel BARBER had the following children:

      36 i. John BRILEY was born on 3 Dec 1795 in N Carolina.
      +37 ii. Lydia BRILEY.

      19. Joseph BRILEY SR was born between 1740 and 1750 in Beaufort Co., N.C..

      He was married. Joseph BRILEY SR had the following children:

      38 i. Issac BRILEY was born in N.C..
      +39 ii. Jacob BRILEY.
      +40 iii. Richard BRILEY.
      +41 iv. Joseph BRILEY Jr.

      21. William BRILEY was born about 1740 in Beaufort Co., N.C.. He died
      before 1800 in Pitt Co. N.C.. He was buried in Pitt County N. Carolina.

      He was married to Sarah. Sarah was born about 1740 in N Carolina. William
      BRILEY and Sarah had the following children:

      +42 i. Abraham BRILEY.
      +43 ii. William BRILEY III.
      +44 iii. BRILEY.
      +45 iv. BRILEY.
      +46 v. Benjamin BRILEY.
      +47 vi. George BRILEY.

      FOURTH GENERATION

      23. Matthew PRESCOTT was born between 1757 and 1778 in Beaufort Co., N.C..
      He died in 1859.

      He was married to Elizabeth EVETT (daughter of John EVETT and Frances
      DUNBAR) before 1800. Elizabeth EVETT was born before 1790 in N.C.. She
      died before 1820. Matthew PRESCOTT and Elizabeth EVETT had the following
      children:

      +48 i. Matthew PRESCOTT.
      +49 ii. John Benjamin PRESCOTT.
      50 iii. Martha PRESCOTT was born in Beaufort Co., N.C..

      26. Marthy PRESCOTT was born between 1757 and 1778 in Beaufort Co., N.C..

      Isaac HOLER was born in Craven Co., N.C.. Marthy PRESCOTT and Isaac HOLER
      had the following children:

      +51 i. Brenson HOLER.
      52 ii. Amy HOLER was born in N.C..
      53 iii. Prudence HOLER was born in N.C..
      54 iv. Zachariah HOLER was born in N.C..
      55 v. James HOLER was born in N.C..
      56 vi. Milbry HOLER was born in N.C..

      30. Simon PRESCOTT was born in N.C..

      He was married to ANNA ODOM. ANNA ODOM was born in Pitt Co., N.C.. She
      died in Onslow Co., N.C..

      31. Sally PRESCOTT was born in Pitt Co., N.C..

      John PRESCOTT (son of MOSES PRESCOTT) was born before 1757 in VA. He died
      about 1796 in Beaufort Co., NC. He signed a will on 25 Feb 1796 in Beaufort
      Co., NC. Sally PRESCOTT and John PRESCOTT had the following children:

      57 i. Charles PRESCOTT was born in N Carolina.

      32. Nancy PRESCOTT was born on 2 Apr 1766 in Pitt County N. Carolina. She
      signed a will on 11 Dec 1847 in Edgecombe Co., N. C.. She died on 26 Jun
      1860 in Edgecombe Co., NC.

      She was married to William TUCKER on 1 Jun 1787.

      She was married to Whitden ANDREWS (son of Levi ANDREWS and Abby WALLACE)
      before 1790. Whitden ANDREWS was born on 27 Sep 1768 in Edgecombe Co., N.
      C.. He signed a will in 1823 in Edgecombe Co., N. C.. He died about 1823
      in Edgecombe Co., N. C.. He Will Probated on 16 Jun 1823 in Edgecombe Co.,
      NC. Nancy PRESCOTT and Whitden ANDREWS had the following children:

      +58 i. Wallace ANDREWS.
      59 ii. ANDREWS was born about 1794 in N Carolina.
      60 iii. ANDREWS was born between 1794 and 1800 in N Carolina.
      61 iv. ANDREWS was born between 1794 and 1800 in N Carolina.
      +62 v. William Henry ANDREWS.
      +63 vi. George W. ANDREWS.
      64 vii. Patsy ANDREWS was born about 1806 in Edgecombe Co., N.C.. She died
      before 1847.
      +65 viii. Gray ANDREWS.
      +66 ix. William D. ANDREWS.

      33. Unicey BRILEY was born about 1765 in Pitt Co. N.Carolina.

      She was married to Caleb MOORE. Caleb MOORE was born in N.C..

      35. Lydia BRILEY was born in N Carolina.

      She was married to Reading PUMPHREY. Lydia BRILEY and Reading PUMPHREY had
      the following children:

      67 i. Jesse PUMPHREY.
      68 ii. Sylvanus PUMPHREY.

      37. Lydia BRILEY was born after 1793 in Pitt County N. Carolina.

      She was married to William NICHOLS. Lydia BRILEY and William NICHOLS had
      the following children:

      +69 i. Arden NICHOLS.

      39. Jacob BRILEY was born in N.C..

      He was married. Jacob BRILEY had the following children:

      70 i. BRILEY.
      71 ii. BRILEY.
      72 iii. BRILEY.

      40. Richard BRILEY was born in N.C..

      He was married to Mary SHIVERS (daughter of Jonas SHIVERS and Mary) on 29
      Jan 1799 in N Carolina. Richard BRILEY and Mary SHIVERS had the following
      children:

      73 i. Jonas BRILEY was born in N.C..

      41. Joseph BRILEY Jr was born about 1770 in Beaufort Co., N.C.. He was
      born about 1770 in Beaufort Co., NC. He died about 1813. He died about
      1813 in Pitt County N. Carolina.

      He was married to Elizabeth TEEL. Joseph BRILEY Jr and Elizabeth TEEL had
      the following children:

      +74 i. Barshaba BRILEY.
      +75 ii. Joseph Lawrence BRILEY III.

      42. Abraham BRILEY was born between 1750 and 1760 in Pitt Co. N.C.. He
      died in 1831 in Hazelhrst Copiah Co. Miss..

      He was married to Sarah WATTS. Abraham BRILEY and Sarah WATTS had the
      following children:

      +76 i. Joshua BRILEY.
      77 ii. John BRILEY was born in N Carolina.
      +78 iii. Louisa BRILEY.
      +79 iv. Lydia BRILEY.
      +80 v. Rebecca BRILEY.
      +81 vi. Sarah BRILEY.
      +82 vii. Elizabeth BRILEY.
      83 viii. George BRILEY was born in N Carolina.

      He was married to Martha Patsy BROOM. Martha Patsy BROOM was born in 1755.
      She died before 1830.

      43. William BRILEY III was born about 1770 in N.C.. He died in 1828.

      He was married to Sarah (FLEMING?). Sarah (FLEMING?) was born in 1784 in N
      Carolina. She died in 1866. William BRILEY III and Sarah (FLEMING?) had
      the following children:

      +84 i. Benjamin BRILEY.
      +85 ii. Elihu BRILEY.
      +86 iii. Clemmy BRILEY.
      87 iv. Levin BRILEY was born about 1800 in N.C..
      +88 v. James BRILEY.
      +89 vi. Henrietta BRILEY.
      +90 vii. Arsena BRILEY.

      44. BRILEY was born in N.C..

      She was married to Conner EWELL.

      45. BRILEY was born in N.C..

      She was married to Mansel FLAKE.

      46. Benjamin BRILEY was born about 1777 in Pitt County N. Carolina. He
      died on 10 Apr 1853 in Scotland Neck, NC.

      He was married. Benjamin BRILEY had the following children:

      +91 i. Mary Ann BRILEY.
      +92 ii. Martha Ann BRILEY.
      +93 iii. Nancy BRILEY.
      +94 iv. Bennet BRILEY.
      +95 v. Chalton BRILEY.
      +96 vi. Jesse BRILEY.
      97 vii. John BRILEY was born about 1800 in N.C..
      +98 viii. Eliza Ann BRILEY.
      +99 ix. Winniford Ann BRILEY.
      +100 x. William S. BRILEY.
      101 xi. Paul BRILEY was born in N.C..
      +102 xii. Willis BRILEY.

      47. George BRILEY was born about 1760 in Pitt County N. Carolina. He died
      on 9 Feb 1818 in Wadesboro, Anson County, NC. He Will Probated on 9 Feb
      1818 in Anson Co., N.C..

      He was married to Mary. George BRILEY and Mary had the following children:

      +103 i. John BRILEY.
      104 ii. Elizabeth BRILEY was born in Anson Co., N.C..
      +105 iii. Sarah BRILEY.
      106 iv. William BRILEY was born in Anson Co., N.C..
      107 v. James BRILEY was born in Anson Co., N.C..
      +108 vi. Samuel BRILEY.
      109 vii. Mary BRILEY was born in Anson Co., N.C..

      Linda F. Harris
      researching Garris, Andrews, and related families in northern Pitt and
      southern pitt

    • prytherch@cconnect.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 1999
      • Linda Harris
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 1999
          looks like these posts got lost somewhere in cyber space. I sent them out
          on 3-27

        • Linda Harris
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 1999
            surewill
            From: "Linda Harris" <lfh@...>
            To: <NCROOTS-L@...>, <genpcfr@egroups.com>,
            "costal connections" <xrds@egroups.com>
            Date sent: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:52:59 -0500

          • Linda Harris
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 8, 1999

              Linda F. Harris

              From: "Linda Harris" <lfh@...>
              To: <NCROOTS-L@...>, <genpcfr@egroups.com>,
              "costal connections" <xrds@egroups.com>
              Date sent: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:52:59 -0500

            • LdMel1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 9, 1999
                What happened to the son William Jones of William Jones? Am I reading this
                wrong? I am trying to research a William & Eliza Jones ma in Pitt Co born
                mid 1800 I think. I am finding the name Edwin in this same group.
                Linda Melvin

              • Linda Harris
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 9, 1999
                  Linda,

                  are you writting this to me concerning the posting on thedec of william and
                  margaret jones? If so I would love to talk to you. the only children that
                  I know of are the 2 daughters ruth and ann. would love to know more about
                  this family. can find nothing else about them. have an abstract of the
                  will but that is all