Re: [genpcncfir] Helpful Sites Courtesy of George Morgan

  • Alex Wessendorf
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2004
      Tahnks Jewelle and George Morgan.. I bookmarked those
      so I can go back at a later time.. Thank you both
      again

      Alex Wessendorf
      --- Jewelle Baker <jewellebaker@...> wrote:
      > Hello Group...
      > More interesting Links and suggestions for your
      > perusal from George Morgan, noted
      > Genealogist, Author, Columnist and Speaker. See his
      > WebSite:
      > http://ahaseminars.com/atl/

      > "A FEW HELPFUL INTERNET SITES FOR YOU,"
      > by George G. Morgan: "Along Those Lines . . ."

      > I spend entirely too much time on the Internet, I
      > suppose, but it is
      > just so fascinating. A dozen years ago, who could
      > have known that
      > there would one day be so much information on every
      > subject
      > imaginable at the tap of a few computer keys? As a
      > genealogical
      > researcher, I am fascinated by history, geography,
      > sociology,
      > politics, and many other topics that help me put my
      > ancestors into
      > context.
      >
      > In "Along Those Lines . . ." this week, I want to
      > share some Internet
      > sites that may be of help to you. Check them out and
      > add them to your
      > Favorites or Bookmarks in your browser.
      >
      > SEARCHENGINEWATCH.COM
      > One website I visit often is SearchEngineWatch.com
      > (http://www.searchenginewatch.com ). I use it as a
      > reference site for
      > everything related to search engines, directories,
      > and metasearch
      > engines. Danny Sullivan, author of the site, keeps
      > up-to-date on
      > what's happening with these search tools. He reviews
      > and evaluates
      > them, provides comparisons of the features and
      > strengths, announces
      > new features and partnerships, and even provides
      > excellent tutorials
      > such as "Power Searching for Anyone." If you want to
      > learn more about
      > search tools and how to hone your Internet skills,
      > this site is a
      > great place to start. You can subscribe to a free
      > e-mail newsletter
      > too.
      >
      > RESEARCHBUZZ.COM
      > Have you ever wondered if there was a database about
      > some unusual
      > subject you are interested in, or some new or
      > unique, specialized
      > research site to help with your research? Tara
      > Calashain has created
      > a wonderful weekly e-mail newsletter called
      > ResearchBuzz in which she
      > provides announcements and reviews of terrific
      > Internet research
      > sites that you're sure to find fascinating. She
      > maintains a
      > searchable archive of the past reviews at her
      > website,
      > http://www.researchbuzz.com , and a recent rework of
      > the site
      > provides access to popular categories and all
      > categories that you can
      > browse through. (Genealogy is in the Popular
      > Categories list, and
> [...]
      === message truncated ===

      =====
      Alexandria Wainwright Wessendorf

      Searching: Wainwrights, Lewis', Dixon, Cooper's, Blockers, Alvarez', Reddish's, Register's, Andrews, Ritch's, Walker's, Wise's, Oliver's, Hinson's, Wessendorf's, Sorensen's, McDonald's, Kile's, Cates

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools