Re: [genpcncfir] Marriage Bond or Record for Elias Anderson

  • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2004
      Deborah,
      One more note that I forgot to mention previously.
      If you actually do get around to working with the records to try to trace your Elias, you need to be especially careful as ususal not to confuse your Elias with other people by the same name. The reason I say this is because there was another Elias Anderson in the same area of Craven County at the same time. The other one was about 10-15 years older than your Elias born circa 1846. They were probably cousins or something.
      Also the name Elias Anderson was found in the Carteret County censuses. That might possibly be a clue as to the origins of your Andersons?
      Tracy