Re: Repository for Birth & Death Records - Virginia

  • John Lucas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2003
      Dear Cousin Don,

      That is correct. Should you wish to obtain copies of these Virginia documents, write to:

      Office of Vital Records.
      P.O. Box 1000
      Richmond, VA 23218-1000

      Current charges to obtain a certified copy of a birth or death record is $10.00. Anyone requesting a vital record from Virginia must submit a photocopy of their identification. To validate current
      charges, call 1-804-662-6200. This is a recorded message. Their web site is http: //www.vdh.state.va.us.

      I hope this helps you.

      Always,

      Cousin John

      John V. Lucas, Jr.
      659 Brockton Way
      West Melbourne, FL. 32904
      email: jlucasjr@...

      "D. Cooper" wrote:

      > Someone has told me that all birth and death records are in Richmond for the all of Vir. and not located in the individual counties as in N.C. is this true. Don Cooper.

    • D. Cooper
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2003
        John thanks for the infro. Don.