Paula- Baker & Grizzard

  • LdMel1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
      I am assuming you have seen the 1880 cen. for Greene Co., Speights Bridge, pg 84c. It is the Hines & Milly Baker hh with brother William, aunt Delia Baker, and Betsy Grizzord mother in law. I will look for the 1900 again. Any other year to look at?
      Linda
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
        William is my ggrandfather. He married Mary Lula
        Tyson. They had one child, Willie Baker, my
        grandfather.

        Yes, do you have 1910? And where in the heck did you
        get that CD? Also, Linda, I'm looking for Fannie
        Tyson in 1900. She was born about 1831-37, about that
        time. She probably lied about her age some. There is
        another Fannie Tyson who was married to Moses Tyson.
        She was much younger. In 1880, my Fannie/Fanny Tyson
        was living in Pitt County with children William Tyson
        and Puss/Mary Lula Tyson. She may have died before
        1900, but I'd certainly like to find her. Also as I
        mentioned before, Delia/Cordelia Baker and
        Elizabeth/Bettie Grizzard.

        Thanks:) Paula
        --- LdMel1@... wrote:
        > I am assuming you have seen the 1880 cen. for Greene
        > Co., Speights Bridge, pg 84c. It is the Hines &
        > Milly Baker hh with brother William, aunt Delia
        > Baker, and Betsy Grizzord mother in law. I will
        > look for the 1900 again. Any other year to look at?
        > Linda

        =====
        Paula Baker
        Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Louisiana and

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/
      • LdMel1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
          I belong to genealogy.com and ancestry.com therefore can look at most all census. The problem is the older years are only Index so it does not give all of the hh. The 1870 cd I have is the Index only for NC and SC from Heritage Quest. It does help you find some since it give page numbers and you can see different names since it is in ABC order. Will keep trying different things for 1900 and look for Fanny in 1910.
          The 1880 hh of Hines Baker is your family right? Betsy 70 probably died or would be about 90 in the 1900 cen. Will try to get back tomorrow night, but will be late. I know you are like me and others with so much to do this season. Have a good day.
          Linda
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
            Thanks, Linda. I don't think Betsy was 70 in 1880.
            In the 1850 Greene Co census, she is listed around 20
            as I recall. I belong to Ancestry, so don't look
            there. I don't want you to waste your time. Thanks
            for all the help.

            Paula

            =====