Re: [genpcncfir] Augusta Worthington Webb

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
      Just a little late in responding to the Augusta Worthington thread.

      It appears that Augusta is listed in two households unless there are two
      Augustas:

      1880 cemsus

      S. F. WEATHERINGTON Self M Male W 47 NC Laborer NC NC

      Nancy J. WEATHERINGTON Wife M Female W 41 NC Keeping House NC NC

      Robert J. WEATHERINGTON Son S Male W 14 NC NC NC

      Susan H. WEATHERINGTON Dau S Female W 13 NC NC NC

      Maggie D. WEATHERINGTON Dau S Female W 10 NC NC NC

      Fannie L. WEATHERINGTON Dau S Female W 7 NC NC NC

      Augusta WEATHERINGTON Dau S Female W 4 NC NC NC

      Shade F. WEATHERINGTON Son S Male W 1 NC NC NC

      Census Place Chocowinity, Beaufort, North Carolina

      1880 census

      William STOKES Self M Male W 55 NC Farmer NC NC

      Luindy STOKES Wife M Female W 53 NC House Keeper NC NC

      William A. STOKES Son S Male W 20 NC Farm Laborer NC NC

      Emerly STOKES Dau S Female W 22 NC Domestics NC NC

      Rodrick STOKES Son S Male W 9 NC NC NC

      Augusta WORTHINGTON Niece S Female W 3 NC NC NC

      Census Place Chicoa, Pitt, North Carolina

      These appear to be the same but are they??

      Jean
      jowgen@...
      We all have ancestors buried in our past

      In 1880 Census, Augusta Worthington, age 3, is listed in the household
      of her uncle William Stokes and his wife Rachel Levenda Tucker Stokes.
      William is the son of William Stokes and Lucretia Adams.
      Augusta's mother must be Nancy Jane Stokes, dau. of William Stokes and
      Lucretia Adams,
      Nancy Jane Stokes married Shadrack F. "Big Bud" Witherington.
      However, I did not have Augusta listed as their child.

      1880 United States Census
      Household:
      William STOKES Self M Male W 55 NC Farmer NC NC
      Luindy STOKES Wife M Female W 53 NC House Keeper NC
      NC
      William A. STOKES Son S Male W 20 NC Farm Laborer NC
      NC
      Emerly STOKES Dau S Female W 22 NC Domestics NC NC
      Rodrick STOKES Son S Male W 9 NC NC NC
      Augusta WORTHINGTON Niece S Female W 3 NC NC NC
      Source Information:
      Census Place Chicoa, Pitt, North Carolina
      Family History Library Film 1254977
      NA Film Number T9-0977
      Page Number 275A

      Trish

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
        If this Augusta living with William Stokes in the 1880 census is the
        daughter of Shadrick son of John Bryant who did he marry? His mother was
        Sabrina Stocks. Who were Sabrina's parents?