Fw: The REAL First Thanksgiving

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
      Hello Group.......
      Read below post that Martha Marble sent to the GREENE List. Thanks
      for
      sharing, Martha
      Jewelle

      jewellebaker@...
      jewelle@...
      Researching: (Main Capitalized)
      Worthington, plus ++++

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
        Jewel, is the GREENE List a Rootsweb list or one like this one? My PAGE clan moved to Florida from North Carolina in the 1840's from Greene County, I think, although they are found in Pitt County on the 1790 and later census records. My brick wall is James Page on the 1810 census with three sons under the age of 10 -- those sons are suposedly Melchisidec, Sampson, and probably John (said to have been killed in the Mexican War). Melchisidec, Sampson, and families migrated to the Florida panhandle in 1847, according to family lore. The DAVIS and LEWIS clan probably moved to Florida about the same time. Interestingly, my cousin moved to Greenville, NC to coach football at East Carolina. With the "regime change" there, he decided to stay in Greenville, as his family loves it there.
        Happy Thanksgiving to all,
        Pat Landwehr
        Missouri City, Texas

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          Dear Jewelle and Martha, Our most informative Richmond
          Times-Dispatch ran an article over the weekend
          entitled, "It's Official. Virginia Held the First
          Thanksgiving." Since I was at work, I did not have
          time to do more than skim it. If you are interested,
          we have a copy about three body lengths from me in our
          library, and I can pass along the information on
          who/what made it official, when, where, why--just the
          basics. Later, Carol

          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
            Carol....
            How nice of you.... please do.. and thanks!!
            Jewelle

            jewellebaker@...
            jewelle@...
            Researching: (Main Capitalized)
            Worthington, plus ++++

            > Dear Jewelle and Martha, Our most informative Richmond
            > Times-Dispatch ran an article over the weekend
            > entitled, "It's Official. Virginia Held the First
            > Thanksgiving." Since I was at work, I did not have
            > time to do more than skim it. If you are interested,
            > we have a copy about three body lengths from me in our
            > library, and I can pass along the information on
            > who/what made it official, when, where, why--just the
            > basics. Later, Carol
            <SNIP>