Fraud Email Example

  • BJMarkland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2003
      Ladies & Gentlemen, following is an example of a fraud email. Look at it and
      remember the next time you get one so as to prevent you from getting stung by
      some huckster!!!! Don't fall for any of the sob stories you read on the
      Internet requesting money. If you wish to give money, use the normal, proven
      channels such as United Way or your Church or a REPUTABLE organization whom you
      have had dealings with before.

      Sorry to go ballistic, but we have to take back the internet!!!!

      Billy Markland

      Dear friend,

      As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe
      everyone will die someday.

      My name is Muhammed Ismail, a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been
      diagnosed with lung cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and
      right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.
      I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for
      anyone (not even myself) but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never g
      enerous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that
      was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that
      there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the

      I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would
      live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called
      me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and
      extended family members as well as a few close friends. I want God to be
      merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity
      organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far,
      I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria
      and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this
      myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts
      and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria
      and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not
      trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for

      The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of twenty
      four million US dollars (US$24,000,000), that I have with a deposit company
      abroad. Acknowledge this message so that I can introduce you to my lawyer who
      will handle the transfer of receivership by you of the said funds. I will want
      you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity
      organizations. My lawyer shall put you in the picture of the funds, tell you where the
      funds are currently being maintained and also discuss modalities including
      remuneration for your services. For this reason kindly furnish your contact
      information, that is your address, personal telephone and fax number for confidential

      God be with you.

      Muhammed Ismail

      END OF FRAUD ATTEMPT !!!!!!!!!!