Re: [genpcncfir] Cemetery desecration

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2003
      Dear Edith, By the way, I was in elementary school
      with Tommy Cox and Lonnie Cox at Winterville
      Elementary School. Do you know their families? Mama
      (Clyde Rae Worthington)and Uncle Mark (Mark Howard
      Worthington)--children of Alfred "Alp" Worthington and
      Jennie Secession McGowan--actually began school, if I
      understood them correctly, on the Corey Hill at piece
      of land we owned at the back of our farm. I'm not sure
      if it came into the family through the
      Worthington-Cherry-McGowan lineage or whether it had
      originally been Worthington land. I've picked up my
      land information from my older cousins, who know more
      about these transactions than I do since they actually
      checked courthouse records from time to time for
      answers to their own questions. Both Mama and Uncle
      Mark had Miss Dora Cox for English. I grew up with her
      name a household word; on days when Mama wasn't
      talking about her, Uncle Mark was. Both admired her so
      very much, and I dare say that through them, she
      became also a strong influence in my own life.
      Teachers live on long after their students have grown
      up. Later, Carol