Women in the Civil War

  • Charlynn Helms
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      While browsing the Barnes & Nobel on-line bookstore I ran across the
      following titles about women in the Civil War. I was wondering if any of you
      have seen or read any of these books and what your opinion of them is.

      Confederate Women
      By Bell Irvin Wiley

      Mothers of Invention: Women of the Slaveholding South in the American Civil
      War
      By Drew Gilpin Faust

      Neither Lady nor Slave : Working Women of the Old South
      By Susanna Delfino (Editor), Michele Gillespie
      (Editor)

      A Woman's War: Southern Women, Civil War, and the Confederate Legacy
      By Edward D.C. Campbell (Editor), Kym S. (Eds.)
      Rice, Kym S. Rice (Editor), Foreword by Suzanne Lebsock

      Charlynn

      ---