Re: Seeking advice on Cemetery Visits

  • daniel.mchale@prudential.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Thanks Rhet,

      I really like the idea about the small hole in the ground for a base. That
      would also give custodians, assuming they have such, an idea that it
      should be there. That should also keep it from blowing away in regular
      storms. I'm from Alabama and we have hurricanes and tornadoes often.
      Not much can help during those.

      I did try it last night and determined that my jar might need to have a
      wider mouth. I was able to get forty small pieces of paper in there
      nice and neat. When you stick one finger in there and just sorta pull
      it out you get a flyer, but my wife said it might be difficult for an
      older person to do that.

      I'm glad yall like the idea. I'm going to drop off about four of five next
      week. I'll let yall know if it was worth the trouble.

      Diggin up bones,
      Danny

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Really like your idea! Think I'll do something like that for the family
        cemetery at Grimesland, NC, and Avon.

        John B. Grimes
        jgrimes227@...
        Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729