New member - Bailey family

  • liv4him30738
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hi - I am the GG-granddaughter of William Elias Bailey of Martin
      Co., descended through his son, John William Bailey, and through
      John's son, John James Bailey, my grandfather.

      I have been able to find some information through older posts here
      which are very helpful. I am looking for other descendants of this
      family to compare notes. I am also looking for William E Bailey's
      parents. He was born about 1828 in Martin or Pitt Co., and married
      Mary Frances Purvis (Purvey) in 1850 in Pitt Co.

      In Christ,
      TB
    • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
        Did any of your family go to Tx. that you know of? I have Bailey relatives;
        by marriage; from Amarillo....

        T.Green

      • jdrog2@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
          Hi T. Green,
          I have a brother in TX now, but other than him, I have not found evidence of any ancestors outside of NC. Thanks for asking.

          In Christ, TB
          BAILEY

          Did any of your family go to Tx. that you know of? I have Bailey relatives;
          by marriage; from Amarillo....

          T.Green

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

          Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

          GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

        • Evelyn Hendricks
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2003
            Do you have any information on a Joseph Bailey, born about 1800. I don't
            know where he was born but he appeared in Greene Co., NC by 1820 (or 1830).
            I am not sure without looking it up. He was my great-great grandfather. I
            have been at a deadend on him since 1973.
            Evelyn

          • jdrog2@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2003
              Hi Evelyn,
              I don't have any information on Joseph Bailey. I wish I could help you, but I have only found William E. Bailey, b. abt 1828 in Martin Co. I don't know if they are related or not.
              In Christ, TB