Touching Base * Thank You!

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hello Group...
      My sincere... heartfelt.. THANK YOU ... to all of you who contacted me via eMail, snail mail, telephone and visits during my GrandSon Raymond's hospitalization ........ and especially for your PRAYERS!!! ... and the Pray Chains during his surgery. He is much improved and
      regaining his strength.
      Forgive me for using this method to convey my thanks but I'm trying to play 'catch-up' with all of my messages. I've lost several thousand
      so if any of you have contacted me and need a response........ please do so again privately.
      The hospital had an on-line computer in each room so I was able to check my GENPCNCFIR Logs daily and attend to those 'duties' ...

      Again... I want to tell ALL of you how proud I am that you are so generous in sharing information with one another!!!! That is what makes our
      Group SO special and dynamic!!! Keep up the good work!!

      Remember, also... that with a Yahoo ID one can have access to all of our File Interfaces. Those of you who need one, contact me privately
      and I will be happy to obtain one for you.
      Thank you again!!!
      Jewelle

      jewellebaker@...
      jewelle@...
      Main SURNAMES;
      CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McLAWHORN (all sp); WINGATE ++++

    • Rhet Wilkinson
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2003
        We are so thankful that things are going well. Our prayers are still with you and yours. Rhet
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

        Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

        GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2003
          Dear Jewelle, God bless you and your family. I can
          relate. I'm surfacing and disappearing time and again
          with my brother in the hospital, where he remains.
          He's recovering, but he's about to burst to get out of
          the hospital. He's had neurosurgery because his spinal
          cord was connected at one point only by a thread-like
          membrane--must have been his condition since birth
          (he's missing a vertebra!) and at home developed
          difficulty breathing last week. My sister-in-law
          called the rescue squad, and he was admitted to
          intensive care. It's a miracle that he wasn't
          paralyzed at some point over all these years.
          Sometimes a person's life is truly hanging by a
          thread, and he never even knows it. My sister and I
          will take turns sitting with him when he gets home. He
          will not be allowed even to ride in a car until he
          sees his doctor 5 to 6 weeks from now. I'm wondering
          if his condition is congenital. Have any of you ever
          heard of anybody (relative or anyone else) with a
          condition like this? Later, Carol
          --- Jewelle Baker <jewellebaker@...> wrote:
          > Hello Group...
          > My sincere... heartfelt.. THANK YOU ... to
          > all of you who contacted me via eMail, snail mail,
          > telephone and visits during my GrandSon Raymond's
          > hospitalization ........ and especially for your
          > PRAYERS!!! ... and the Pray Chains during his
          > surgery. He is much improved and
          > regaining his strength.
          > Forgive me for using this method to convey
          > my thanks but I'm trying to play 'catch-up' with all
          > of my messages. I've lost several thousand
          > so if any of you have contacted me and need a
          > response........ please do so again privately.
          > The hospital had an on-line computer in each
          > room so I was able to check my GENPCNCFIR Logs daily
          > and attend to those 'duties' ...
          >
          > Again... I want to tell ALL of you how proud I am
          > that you are so generous in sharing information with
          > one another!!!! That is what makes our
          > Group SO special and dynamic!!! Keep up the good
          > work!!
          >
          > Remember, also... that with a Yahoo ID one
          > can have access to all of our File Interfaces.
          > Those of you who need one, contact me privately
          > and I will be happy to obtain one for you.
          > Thank you again!!!
          > Jewelle
          >
          > jewellebaker@...
          > jewelle@...
          > Main SURNAMES;
          > CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McLAWHORN (all sp); WINGATE
          > ++++
          >
          > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In Research
          > (Serving all Eastern/Coastal NC Counties)
          >
          > eMail scan by NAV & certified Virus Free

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Ann Butler
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 10, 2003
            Carol,

            Not exactly like that... my grandaughter began to limp when she was about 9.
            . seems she had a tag attached to her spine... that was making it impossible
            to put her foot down...(was born with it) She had an operation that fixed
            that... (a form of Spinal Bifida (sp?)

            Dear Jewelle, God bless you and your family. I can
            relate. I'm surfacing and disappearing time and again
            with my brother in the hospital, where he remains.
            He's recovering, but he's about to burst to get out of
            the hospital. He's had neurosurgery because his spinal
            cord was connected at one point only by a thread-like
            membrane--must have been his condition since birth
            (he's missing a vertebra!) and at home developed
            difficulty breathing last week. My sister-in-law
            called the rescue squad, and he was admitted to
            intensive care. It's a miracle that he wasn't
            paralyzed at some point over all these years.
            Sometimes a person's life is truly hanging by a
            thread, and he never even knows it. My sister and I
            will take turns sitting with him when he gets home. He
            will not be allowed even to ride in a car until he
            sees his doctor 5 to 6 weeks from now. I'm wondering
            if his condition is congenital. Have any of you ever
            heard of anybody (relative or anyone else) with a
            condition like this? Later, Carol
            --- Jewelle Baker <jewellebaker@...> wrote:
            > Hello Group...
            > My sincere... heartfelt.. THANK YOU ... to
            > all of you who contacted me via eMail, snail mail,
            > telephone and visits during my GrandSon Raymond's
            > hospitalization ........ and especially for your
            > PRAYERS!!! ... and the Pray Chains during his
            > surgery. He is much improved and
            > regaining his strength.
            > Forgive me for using this method to convey
            > my thanks but I'm trying to play 'catch-up' with all
            > of my messages. I've lost several thousand
            > so if any of you have contacted me and need a
            > response........ please do so again privately.
            > The hospital had an on-line computer in each
            > room so I was able to check my GENPCNCFIR Logs daily
            > and attend to those 'duties' ...
            >
            > Again... I want to tell ALL of you how proud I am
            > that you are so generous in sharing information with
            > one another!!!! That is what makes our
            > Group SO special and dynamic!!! Keep up the good
            > work!!
            >
            > Remember, also... that with a Yahoo ID one
            > can have access to all of our File Interfaces.
            > Those of you who need one, contact me privately
            > and I will be happy to obtain one for you.
            > Thank you again!!!
            > Jewelle
            >
            > jewellebaker@...
            > jewelle@...
            > Main SURNAMES;
            > CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McLAWHORN (all sp); WINGATE
            > ++++
            >
            > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In Research
            > (Serving all Eastern/Coastal NC Counties)
            >
            > eMail scan by NAV & certified Virus Free

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society:

            Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet
            org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

            Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources: http://www.usgennet
            org/usa/nc/county/pitt/

            GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

          • Evelyn Hendricks
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 10, 2003
              My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
              Evelyn

            • Bob Forbes
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 10, 2003
                Special thoughts and prayers go out to Carol and her brother, and to Jewelle and her grandson.

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 11, 2003
                  Dear Ann, It is very possible that that is what caused
                  my brother's problem. I never thought about the
                  variations in that condition, but each person is
                  affected differently. In place of a vertebra, Howard
                  had a V-shaped membrane barely thicker than a thread
                  from what he drew for me at the hospital when he was
                  explaining it to me. He said the doctor told him it
                  was a miracle he wasn't completely paralyzed decades
                  ago. The life my brother has been fortunate enough to
                  have is itself a blessing for all of us. It could have
                  been so different. Thanks for stimulating my memory.
                  Carol.

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 11, 2003
                    Dear Bob, Thanks so very much. Your memories have been
                    delightful reading for me, and I'm sure that my
                    brother will relate equally to the people you knew and
                    experiences you have shared. These will make his days
                    so much brighter than anything I could say or do. With
                    his body in check, he'll really need something to
                    occupy his mind and make him forget the slowly passing
                    hours. When I sat with him during his last illness,
                    our conversations about the family and our shared
                    experiences kept up his spirits, and it was a real
                    pleasure for both of us to have the time together that
                    we were able to share. Howard also has his Chronicle
                    to help him relate people to their families. Carol

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com