SIMONS/QUINN/MOORE/CARNEY/

  • aliceg62
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2003
      Greetings,
      I am new to the list. I am researching the ancestry of Martha Mary
      Simons and Calvin D. Quinn. Martha was supposedly born in Chowan
      Co., NC in 1831 to the family of William Simons and Rachael Wilder.
      In 1850 she was living in Washington Co. NC and married Calivn Quinn
      in 1851. I cannot find either of them on the 1860 census. In 1868
      Martha Mary Quinn has remaried to Enoch Moore, Sr. They are living
      in Pitt County in the 1870 census. Martha had three children.
      1. Benjamin Franklin Quinn 1854-1929, married Ruth Carney. He lived
      in Lenoir Co. NC
      2. John Alexander Quinn 1852-1891, married Susan Glendora Moore. He
      lived in Pitt and is buried there.
      3. Mary Ernest Quin 1858-1841, married Sidney Fleming. She lived in
      Pitt and is buried there.

      I don't know what happened to Calvin Quinn. He possibly died before
      1868. Is anyone researching any of the above names listed? I could
      use some help with this.
      Thanks
      Alice
    • Linda Bass
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2003
        Good Morning Group,

        I am still looking for my Great-Grandmother Rhoda Adelia Langley, born 1863,
        who married Robert Van Buren Owens, February 1892. Does anyone know where
        Rom Langley cemetery lot is in Fountain? She may have been buried there or
        somewhere behind Owens Lake off Highway 258, between Crisp and Fountain, NC.
        I have looked everywhere to no avail. Any information will be greatly
        appreciated.......

        Linda Bottoms Bass

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11, 2003
          Dear Linda, I do not know if this will help, but East
          Carolina University Library (Joyner Library) has
          several volumes on Eastern North Carolina cemeteries.
          In addition, over at Sheppard, Allan Churchill has put
          together more records in binders in out Pitt County
          Family Researchers Section of the library. If you live
          in the area, you might give Sheppard a call and e-mail
          Mr. York at the Joyner Library. He answers questions
          on line, is interested, interesting, courteous and
          prompt. Another resource is the rootsweb through the
          work of several different researchers covering quite a
          span of years: http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr Click
          on the online resources, and scroll down to
          cemeteries. You can have a field day. I'm sorry that
          Bill Kittrell has not yet gotten beyond the letter "D"
          on the Death Records online, but you might check with
          the courthouse(s) in your area of interest and see if
          there is a death certificate on file and if so, ask if
          somebody knows that cemetery. Another possibility is
          to find out which funeral home handled the burial; the
          staff would be a good source of information about the
          cemeteries. Finally, how about the obituary from the
          newspaper archives? Someone from the local paper might
          know that cemetery. Hope this helps. Later, Carol

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com