Re: [genpcncfir] I am new to the forum and have ZamZam information

  • JGrimes227@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2003
      Dear Carol Paul

      With regards to the Zam Zam, the below listed gentleman was working on the
      Zam Zam story as a Doctoral? thesis in history and was intending to attempt to
      write a screen play for a movie on the story. Haven't heard from Mark in some
      time but he has a boatload (no pun intended) of information.

      Mr. Mark Dodge
      12721 SE 126th Ave
      Clackamas, Oregon 97015-6300

      Mark.Dodge@...

      There is also a group made up of the children of the missionary group that
      was on the Zam Zam and a book that was published, Miracle at Sea, The sinking of
      the ZAMZAM and our Family's Rescue, by Eleanor Anderson, published by Quiet
      Waters Publications (www.quietwaterspub.com) ISBN 0-9663966-3-4.

      I guess it is time to ask how you tie into the L'house family. You certainly
      have strong interest in the family as you are the first I have run across
      that was even aware of the ZAMZAM. My Great Uncle Ned Laughinghouse was the only
      fatal casualty of the run in of the ZAMZAM and the ATANTIS of the Third
      Reich's Navy.

      John B. Grimes
      jgrimes227@...
      Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729

    • carrol
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2003
        Thanks for the address for Mark. I will write to him
        and look at the other site and information you gave
        me. I am the one that you sent the GEDCOM files to
        and I have been going through all of them it is FUN
        FUN FUN.

        anyway...I am linked to the L'House's by way of a past
        marriage. My daughter is a laughinghouse. I was
        married to David Lynn Laughinghouse from NY, but his
        father was from Greensboro, NC and I do not really
        talk to them anymore and cannot get any information
        from them, so I ventured off on my own. Originally it
        was for my daughter to get information for college and
        the like. Her name is Crystal Lynn
        Paul-Laughinghouse.

        I was at the college here in Denver looking up
        information on the surname Laughinghouse and
        discovered the ZamZam information and managed to copy
        some news papaer articles and look into it more.
        I can send them toyou if you would like.

        Carrol
        cpgoofy16@...
        --- JGrimes227@... wrote:
        > Dear Carol Paul
        >
        > With regards to the Zam Zam, the below listed
        > gentleman was working on the
        > Zam Zam story as a Doctoral? thesis in history and
        > was intending to attempt to
        > write a screen play for a movie on the story.
        > Haven't heard from Mark in some
        > time but he has a boatload (no pun intended) of
        > information.
        >
        > Mr. Mark Dodge
        > 12721 SE 126th Ave
        > Clackamas, Oregon 97015-6300
        >
        > Mark.Dodge@...
        >
        > There is also a group made up of the children of the
        > missionary group that
        > was on the Zam Zam and a book that was published,
        > Miracle at Sea, The sinking of
        > the ZAMZAM and our Family's Rescue, by Eleanor
        > Anderson, published by Quiet
        > Waters Publications (www.quietwaterspub.com) ISBN
        > 0-9663966-3-4.
        >
        > I guess it is time to ask how you tie into the
        > L'house family. You certainly
        > have strong interest in the family as you are the
        > first I have run across
        > that was even aware of the ZAMZAM. My Great Uncle
        > Ned Laughinghouse was the only
        > fatal casualty of the run in of the ZAMZAM and the
        > ATANTIS of the Third
        > Reich's Navy.
        >
        > John B. Grimes
        > jgrimes227@...
        > Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729

      • Rhet Wilkinson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2003
          About 60 years ago there was a Laughinghouse family in Scotland Neck. The mother was named Edna and the daughter who would be about 70 now was Julia. The father died in a fire saving other people after they moved to another town. Rhet Wilkinson

          --- JGrimes227@... wrote:
          > Dear Carol Paul
          >
          > With regards to the Zam Zam, the below listed
          > gentleman was working on the
          > Zam Zam story as a Doctoral? thesis in history and
          > was intending to attempt to
          > write a screen play for a movie on the story.
          > Haven't heard from Mark in some
          > time but he has a boatload (no pun intended) of
          > information.
          >
          > Mr. Mark Dodge
          > 12721 SE 126th Ave
          > Clackamas, Oregon 97015-6300
          >
          > Mark.Dodge@...
          >
          > There is also a group made up of the children of the
          > missionary group that
          > was on the Zam Zam and a book that was published,
          > Miracle at Sea, The sinking of
          > the ZAMZAM and our Family's Rescue, by Eleanor
          > Anderson, published by Quiet
          > Waters Publications (www.quietwaterspub.com) ISBN
          > 0-9663966-3-4.
          >
          > I guess it is time to ask how you tie into the
          > L'house family. You certainly
          > have strong interest in the family as you are the
          > first I have run across
          > that was even aware of the ZAMZAM. My Great Uncle
          > Ned Laughinghouse was the only
          > fatal casualty of the run in of the ZAMZAM and the
          > ATANTIS of the Third
          > Reich's Navy.
          >
          > John B. Grimes
          > jgrimes227@...
          > Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

          Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

          GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

        • carrol
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2003
            Mr. Grimes,

            Thanks for the wealth of information for the L'House
            fmaily I have been spending a great deal of time
            sorting it all out and trying to piece it together.
            This is how I tie into the LAUGHINGHOUSE family.

            Carrol Paul b.11-16-1966
            m. David Lynn Laughinghouse
            b. Brooklyn, NY 10-08-1962
            s/o Elester LAUGHINGHOUSE and Bertha ELLIS both
            from Greensboro, NC.
            div. 09 Jun 1989 in Kitsap county, WA
            ch. Crystal Lynn PAUL-LAUGHINGHOUSE

            thanks again,

            Carrol Paul
            LAUGHINGHOUSE, PAUL, LINSCOTT, MAYFIELD, RADER,
            ROEDER, THOMAS, MICK