Re: [genpcncfir] Jackson family

    Message 1 of 75 , Aug 4, 2003
      Dear Trish, Her mother was Thelma Jackson, daughter of
      Eva Wilson (wife of Buster Wilson). Joyce's brother
      was Roy David Jackson; he was older than we. If I
      remember correctly, Roy David was a Jr.--making the
      dad Roy David Jackson, Sr. However, I could be
      mistaken, but I am almost sure that I'd heard Miss
      Eva(as we called her) call him "Roy." By the way, Mrs.
      Wilson was an absolute saint, she and Mr. Wilson both.
      They treated Mama as if she were their daughter, and
      the Lord knows with Daddy, Mama needed all the love
      and support she could get. Speaking of which, Trish,
      my younger brother Howard had another mini stroke
      Friday. He's been hospitalized at Bon Secours here.
      He's having some tests run this morning, prior to his
      being discharged--at least that's what they're
      planning. Please pass the word to Poe Jr. and Linda if
      you can. My sister and I are not at home. She's
      supervising the moving of her belongings to her
      storage facility on this side of town, where her new
      house is being built, and has no phone access there.
      I'm out working with the plasterer prior to going to
      work this afternoon. I haven't reached Howard's wife,
      Betty, yet. She's at the hospital. Their son Steven
      and his wife just got in from Georgia in the wee hours
      this morning and will be home to answer the phone and
      relay messages for all of us. Poe Jr. and Linda have
      the number, and I am almost certain they have Howard's
      cell phone, too. Elise ("Helen") and I also have his
      cell, but I have the number in the car instead of on
      my person. Please let me know if I am correct about
      Joyce Lee's father being also Roy David. Thanks so
      much, Carol
      --- Trish Worthington Cobb <turniproots@...>

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/ymOolB/TM

      > > ~->
      > >
      > > Click here for current information on Pitt County
      > Historical Society:

      > > Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form:

      > > Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

      > Resources:

      > join our dynamic

      === message truncated ===

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Jean
      Message 75 of 75 , Aug 4, 2003
        Carol,

        Gladys Worthington married Joseph Clarence Jackson in 1909. I have her date
        of birth about 1891.

        Do you know who her parents are?