PRICE/DOWNS

  • Betty Cassidy
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
      Dear Group,
      I'm looking for information on Partrick Price who married Rebekah Downs
      in 1821. The last census that I can find Partick in was the 1820 Pitt
      Co. Is there anyone on the list who is researching PRICE? Partrick is
      the spelling in the 1820 census as well as on a deed from 1821. Does
      anyone have a death date for either of this couple or information about
      whether they moved away? Anything at all would be helpful. Thank you in
      advance. I live too far away to research in person or firsthand.
      Most grateful for you help,
      Betty Cassidy
    • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
        Betty,
        I don't research the Price family, but it sounds like maybe your Patrick moved away from the area or died. Something about the 1821 deed makes me think they were selling property in preparation for a move. Just a suspicion.
        Anyway, there was a Patrick Price listed on the 1826 tax list of Duval County, FL.
        Also, Patrick Price married in Duval County, FL in 1829 ( maybe a remarriage?).
        Patrick Price on Duval, FL census in 1830 - about same age as your Patrick born circa 1800.
        May not be your guy, but might be worth checking out.
        Tracy

        I'm looking for information on Partrick Price who married Rebekah Downs
        in 1821. The last census that I can find Partick in was the 1820 Pitt
        Co. Is there anyone on the list who is researching PRICE? Partrick is
        the spelling in the 1820 census as well as on a deed from 1821. Does
        anyone have a death date for either of this couple or information about
        whether they moved away? Anything at all would be helpful. Thank you in
        advance. I live too far away to research in person or firsthand.
        Most grateful for you help,
        Betty Cassidy

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

        Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

        GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

      • Cheryl A Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
          Dear Betty:

          I am researching PRICE in Halifax - but have not found a connection yet
          to Patrick. Rebekah, however, appears to be related to Kinion DOWNS Sr.
          who married Julia THOMAS. She is believed to have been his sister.

          Cheryl

          On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 22:09:30 -0400 Betty Cassidy <bcass@...> writes:
          > Dear Group,
          > I'm looking for information on Partrick Price who married Rebekah
          > Downs in 1821. The last census that I can find Partick in was the 1820

          > Pitt Co. Is there anyone on the list who is researching PRICE?
          Partrick
          > is the spelling in the 1820 census as well as on a deed from 1821.
          Does
          > anyone have a death date for either of this couple or information
          > about whether they moved away? Anything at all would be helpful. Thank
          you
          > in advance. I live too far away to research in person or firsthand.
          > Most grateful for you help,
          > Betty Cassidy

          Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        • Betty Cassidy
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
            Thank you, Tracy, will check him out. There was a Rebecca Price on the
            1827 Georgia Land Lottery, but we have so far not discovered a
            connection to the NC Rebekah. He and Rebekah sold land that Rebekah had
            inherited from her father, Nehemiah Downs. They sold the land to Wiley
            Downs, Rebekah's brother. Wiley is my direct ancestor. Wiley migrated
            to TN and we haven't been able to find what happened to Rebekah. Since
            Wiley sold his portion of the inheritance , I suppose he also sold
            Rebekah's share for her. Thanks again for all your help. You seem always
            to give me good clues.
            Betty

            Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com wrote:

            >Betty,
            >I don't research the Price family, but it sounds like maybe your Patrick moved away from the area or died. Something about the 1821 deed makes me think they were selling property in preparation for a move. Just a suspicion.
            >Anyway, there was a Patrick Price listed on the 1826 tax list of Duval County, FL.
            >Also, Patrick Price married in Duval County, FL in 1829 ( maybe a remarriage?).
            >Patrick Price on Duval, FL census in 1830 - about same age as your Patrick born circa 1800.
            >May not be your guy, but might be worth checking out.
            >Tracy

          • Betty Cassidy
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
              Thanks, Cheryl,
              Yes, Rebekah was a sister to Kinion Sr. who married Julia Thomas. Thanks
              so much. If you find a connection, I would be thrilled to find out what
              happened to this couple. See my msg. to Tracy, too, for more info.
              Thanks again, you all are the greatest.
              Betty