Causey

  • woofer95828
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2003
      Not sure if I answered this one; forgive me if I haven't and forgive
      me if I have because I don't want to offend anyone. I'm looking for
      Greenberry Causey and children; came across some interesting files
      that I did post a few months ago and then again further back. The
      names appearing in these files involve so many of the early Pitt
      County residents; most of the researchers in our group are
      researching these very names, and because we are all so interlinked,
      I'm hopeful someone will have a lead somewhere.

      414. Willis Wilson, Hutson Causway and Berry Causway, all mentioned
      on Turkey Knot Swamp, 1836 [HH, p. 20/21] (from Roger's Deed Notes)

      655. All related: John W. Stephenson, Thomas W. Stephenson, Hardy
      Stephenson, Wm. F. Stephenson, John Causey & wife Elizabeth, Wm.
      Lewis & wife Aseneth, and John Tye (Tyer?) & wife Mary; Feb. 15, 1838
      [II,p. 37]

      1344. All related: Thomas W. Stephenson, Hardy Stephenson, Wm. F.
      Stephenson, John R. Causey & wife Elisabeth, Wm. Lewis & wife
      Arsenah, John Tyre & wife Mary, and John W. Stephenson; 1838 [LL, p.
      337?]

      1830. Heirs of W. Stephenson: Wm. Lewis, John R. Causey, and Wm. F.
      Stephenson, all of Georgia, Stewart and Randolph Co. [NN, p. 87]

      Folder: 1804
      Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Hardy
      BURNEY.
      Includes 64 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804
      Date: 27 Jan 1804
      Date of: Charge made
      County: Not given

      Folder: 1804
      Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Shadrack
      BURNEY.
      Includes 60 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804
      Date: 26 Jan 1804
      Date of: Charge made
      County: Not given

      Folder: 1804
      Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Samuel
      KITE, junr.
      Includes 60 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804
      Date: 26 Jan 1804
      Date of: Charge made
      County: Not given

      Folder: 1804
      Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Henry
      KITE.
      Includes 60 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804
      Date: 26 Jan 1804
      Date of: Charge made
      County: Not given

      Folder: 1804
      Information: State vs. Greenbury CAUSEY: Witness charge for Joseph
      SMITH.
      Includes 66 miles travel. Refers to January term, 1804
      Date: 26 Jan 1804
      Date of: Charge made
      County: Not given

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Calculation of court costs in case against Greenbury
      CAUSEY &
      others. Witnesses: Shadrack BURNEY, Samuel KITE, junr., Joseph SMITH,
      Henry
      KITE, Hardy BURNEY.
      Date: Not given
      Date of:
      County: Not given

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Arrest warrant for Greenbury CAUSEY, Samuel KITE, and
      Allen SMITH
      for a riot.
      Date: 15 Jan 1803
      Date of: Warrant
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Summons for Shade ALLEN, Samuel KITE,, Shade BURNEY, &
      Henry KITE
      to appear and testify on behalf of Greenbury CAUSEY & others.
      Date: 15 Jan 1803
      Date of: Warrant
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Summons for Joseph SMITH, Abraham SMITH, senr., & Samuel
      KITE,
      junr. to appear and testify against Greenbury CAUSEY & others.
      Date: 15 Jul 1803
      Date of: Summons
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Summons for Hardy BURNEY to appear and testify on behalf
      of
      Samuel COYT, Allen SMITH, & Greenbury CAUSEY.
      Date: 25 Jany 1804
      Date of: Summons
      County: Craven

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Summons for Amos STOCKS to appear and testify on behalf
      of
      Greenberry CAUSEY & others.
      Date: 15 Jul 1803
      Date of: Summons
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Appearance bond for Allen SMITH with Alen CANON &
      Shadrack BURNEY
      to appear and answer a charge against him.
      Date: 6 Mar 1803
      Date of: Bond
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Summons for Levin ROSS and Mary ROSS to appear and
      testify
      against Greenberry CAUSEY & others.
      Date: 15 Jan 1803
      Date of: Summons
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Appearance bond for Greenbury CAUSEY to appear and
      answer a
      charge against him. [Bondsmen are not named in the bond. Signed
      by "Alna"
      CANNON & Hardy [X] BYRNEY-sbg].
      Date: 16 June ____
      Date of: Bond
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Appearance bond for Samuel KIGHT to appear and answer a
      charge
      against him. [Bondsmen are not named in the bond. Signed by John [X]
      KIGHT and
      James WALLACE-sbg].
      Date: 16 June ____
      Date of: Bond
      County: Pitt

      Folder: 1804
      Information: Indictment of Greenbury CAUSEY yeoman, Samuel KIGHT
      planter, and
      Allen SMITH yeoman for riotously assembling and entering the dwelling
      of John
      ROSS and Mary his wife and assaulting them.
      Date: 10 Dec 1802/Jan term 1803
      Date of: Event/Indictment
      County: Pitt