Re: [genpcncfir] ROSS * JAMES * GURGANUS per Susan Hancock

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2003
      Dear Jewelle and group members, Can anyone tell me who
      were the parents of Rachel Teal? She was married
      (first wife of) John McGowan of Pitt Co. She was
      probably born around 1815-1820 and died after 1850.
      John McGowan married Catherine Teel after 1860; she
      was related to Micajah Teel, but I do not know her
      parents either. John and Rachel had sons: Archibald
      McGowan, William W. McGowan, Lemuel McGowan, George
      McGowan, John McGowan, and Burton R. McGowan. John and
      Catherine had no children, but one of her stepsons
      provided for her--praising her affection and kindness
      to his father. I gather than sons John and Burton R.
      died young. When John W. McGowan, Sr. died, his will
      mentioned only his four sons Archibald, Lemuel, George
      (I believe), and William. Thanks for any information
      you can give me. Later, Carol

      http://sbc.yahoo.com