[genpcfr] Parramore

  • Addie P. Howell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 1998
      Looking for information on Amose Parramore from
      Pitts Co, NC. He was in the Rev War. Think he
      married Lydia Taylor. They had four children. Need the names of the children and what happened to them. Think they may have moved to Washington Co, Tenn. She was in Carter Co Tenn in 1802. She put in for land, and made a statement that Amos had been dead for several years and left her with four children. Any help with this would be appreciated.

      -----
    • Jane Murtishaw Lindsey
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 1998
        Addie, I don't know if there is a connection, but there was a John
        Parramore who sold land to Josiah Knox (Bk O-370) March-8-1787; witnessed by
        Mary Knox, Rachel Knox ; former owners Wm Adams, George Lewis, John Speir,
        Apsala Kennedy, Nehemiah Wooten

        According to another deed, John Parramore lived adjacent to Jacob Little and
        Josiah Knox on N side of Tar River in the run of the Gum Swamp (Bk M-79;
        dated 3-24-1787)

        Other deeds of interest:
        Benjamin Parramore to William Mooring (Bk N-509) 12-10-1796; Witnessed by
        John Mooring, Jr., John Ewell Former owners: Josiah Knox, Jacob Little

        Jacob Little to Benjamin Parramore (Bk O-3) 5-7-1795; Witnessed by Pleasent
        Little, Isaac Little 80A, L100 Former owner: Josiah Knox, N side of his line
        on the S side of the Gum Swamp; Adj. To: William Moreing

        Jane Murtishaw Lindsey
        http://www.hal-pc.org/~happy/

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 1998
          My deceased step-father in law's attorney in New Bern, Craven County, NC was
          a Parramore. I believe he is dead now, too, but Craven County records may
          be another good place to look for more Parramores.

          Jo

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 1998
            Hi Jane,
            Thanks for the information. Its the right people now if I could just find where
            they went.
            Addie

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 16, 1998
              I'd be interested in what you find out. Might connect again to my Littles.

              Jane
              >Thanks for the information. Its the right people now if I could just find
              where
              >they went.
              >Addie
              >
              >Jane Murtishaw Lindsey wrote:
              >
              >> Addie, I don't know if there is a connection, but there was a John
              >> Parramore who sold land to Josiah Knox (Bk O-370) March-8-1787; witnessed
              by
              >> Mary Knox, Rachel Knox ; former owners Wm Adams, George Lewis, John
              Speir,
              >> Apsala Kennedy, Nehemiah Wooten
              >>
              >> According to another deed, John Parramore lived adjacent to Jacob Little
              and
              >> Josiah Knox on N side of Tar River in the run of the Gum Swamp (Bk M-79;
              >> dated 3-24-1787)
              >>
              >> Other deeds of interest:
              >> Benjamin Parramore to William Mooring (Bk N-509) 12-10-1796; Witnessed by
              >> John Mooring, Jr., John Ewell Former owners: Josiah Knox, Jacob Little
              >>
              >> Jacob Little to Benjamin Parramore (Bk O-3) 5-7-1795; Witnessed by
              Pleasent
              >> Little, Isaac Little 80A, L100 Former owner: Josiah Knox, N side of his
              line
              >> on the S side of the Gum Swamp; Adj. To: William Moreing
              >>
              >> Jane Murtishaw Lindsey
              >> http://www.hal-pc.org/~happy/

              Visit: