8124Re: [genpcncfir] Maryetta Anderson

  • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
    Sep 9, 2002
      By the time she (Maryetta) died, you should be able to obtain a death
      certificate that would give you possibly some info...also, try searching the
      counties surrounding Craven...even by two or three counties in every
      direction by census...etc.

      One of the big mistakes I've made in searching for my family, is that I
      didn't realize how extensively these people of pre-rail travell actually did
      move around. Especially the men. Your Maryetta may well be from a county
      adjoining Craven...and her husband may have been from somewhere far
      away...even the next state...

      Look at all the books available to you re the state you're researching...bits
      and pieces will put the puzzle together for you. Good luck.

      t.green
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic