684[genpcfr] Re: Smallwood

  • Mary Jane Poole
    Feb 2, 1999
      Excuse me but I couldn't help but overhear since I belong to the group. Are your Smallwoods related to Gen. Smallwood, of Southern Maryland, who I think was the Doctor for George Washington? If not his Dr., his very good friend.
      There is a Smallwood State Park in So. MD which was his home and grounds. Take my word for it, it is a very nice park.
      If this is your family you could probably get some info on the Maryland site, www.md.com. They have all kinds of things on that site about MD sites and parks. I bet there is even a group such as The Friends of Smallwood or something like that to keep the park and his family's name alive. You could also try phone 800 784-5380
      If this isn't your Smallwood, I'm sorry I intruded.

      Mary Jane Poole
      Dickerson, Grant